Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thursday press conf

D

Deleted User X18H

BTW Paul Camilin said at our meeting with Bloom that Gus and the club get so pissed off - as soon as Chelsea lose on a Sunday or something, SKY are straight on the phone wanting to come to the press conference. They have only intentions of asking re the Chelsea job usually. So the club say yes of course they can come...

Then put Tano or Charlie up instead :lol:
That was some Irish reporter last season. Nice guy , but I cut in after one too many Chelsea questions. Put us back on an Albion track.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
For some ..others maybe just let it wash over them ..shrug

Problem is he always mentions the budget, insists Albion are punching above their weight in the Championship play-off zone etc etc. He never dismisses interest from other clubs but in fact fuels the questions by his silence (speaking volumes) or by his desire to move on to a "bigger" club.

The point I raise can be interpreted two ways, an excuse for not getting the coveted promotion due to lack of investment or not look at the team but "look at me" look how I can get a team, underfunded, and turn them in to a promotion team. Give us a job!! I deserve it.

Don't get me wrong I want Poyet to stay but I want him to stop spouting crap. The team is his team, the club is Bloom's club and he is attempting to run it properly. lets hear about his ambition for the team, the club and him as a united force not as it appears now a disjointed marriage.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Problem is he always mentions the budget, insists Albion are punching above their weight in the Championship play-off zone etc etc. He never dismisses interest from other clubs but in fact fuels the questions by his silence (speaking volumes) or by his desire to move on to a "bigger" club.

The point I raise can be interpreted two ways, an excuse for not getting the coveted promotion due to lack of investment or not look at the team but "look at me" look how I can get a team, underfunded, and turn them in to a promotion team. Give us a job!! I deserve it.

Don't get me wrong I want Poyet to stay but I want him to stop spouting crap. The team is his team, the club is Bloom's club and he is attempting to run it properly. lets hear about his ambition for the team, the club and him as a united force not as it appears now a disjointed marriage.

Using words like always & never devalues your posts.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Nothing lasts forever.He is here till the end of the season at least.
I have just seen Leicesters last 6 games & they have to play 5 of the top 7 & Birmingham at home.I don't think this is as much a must win as everybody thinks.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Using words like always & never devalues your posts.

Sorry but how often does he mentions budgets? How many times has he dismissed out of hand other positions available?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nothing lasts forever.He is here till the end of the season at least.
I have just seen Leicesters last 6 games & they have to play 5 of the top 7 & Birmingham at home.I don't think this is as much a must win as everybody thinks.

I agree but we are only in the last play off position due to the implosion of Leicester and Middlesbrough, 6 points from 6 games is hardly promotion form!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry but how often does he mentions budgets? How many times has he dismissed out of hand other positions available?

Our budget is a subject for discussion, especially when fans expectations rise. Why should he give credence to other clubs positions when the likelihood of him going was negligible.
Do you watch the Player interviews or just read the Argus version of them?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Our budget is a subject for discussion, especially when fans expectations rise. Why should he give credence to other clubs positions when the likelihood of him going was negligible.
Do you watch the Player interviews or just read the Argus version of them?

Both! But in all honesty I have never heard the constant mentioning of the budget by any other manager of this club or any other in over 39 years of following the Albion. On your second point its more about the massaging of his ego than credence. He loves the attention that's obvious.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Both! But in all honesty I have never heard the constant mentioning of the budget by any other manager of this club or any other in over 39 years of following the Albion. On your second point its more about the massaging of his ego than credence. He loves the attention that's obvious.

Funnily enough all the years we were at Withdean, money was a constant topic of discussion from a succession of managers, or rather lack of it.
I think you hear what you want to hear.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I agree but we are only in the last play off position due to the implosion of Leicester and Middlesbrough, 6 points from 6 games is hardly promotion form!

We are where we are.

We can beat anybody in this league & we can lose to anybody in this league.
We have 1 fit striker yet we think we are dead certs for the playoffs.
Let's take 1 game at a time.

All I would say is I would rather be in our position than that of Leicester & Bolton

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Funnily enough all the years we were at Withdean, money was a constant topic of discussion from a succession of managers, or rather lack of it.
I think you hear what you want to hear.

And how many of them would have loved the budget Poyet has now? it's more than a competitive budget, it's one that many managers would be happy with.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And how many of them would have loved the budget Poyet has now? it's more than a competitive budget, it's one that many managers would be happy with.

More than competitive for what, League 1 which was where we were for the majority of that time.
We are around 14th in terms of budget in this division & above teams who are still getting parachute payments. I'm happy with the majority of the players we have in the squad, & where we are in the table.
A large budget doesn't guarantee success but it does help.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Perhaps he's been banned by the club, due to him keep opening his mouth, saying inappropriate things like touting for other jobs or whining about the budget. Frankly it has become a bit tiresome with the same rubbish.

that's just the way YOU listen to it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
BTW Paul Camilin said at our meeting with Bloom that Gus and the club get so pissed off - as soon as Chelsea lose on a Sunday or something, SKY are straight on the phone wanting to come to the press conference. They have only intentions of asking re the Chelsea job usually. So the club say yes of course they can come...

Then put Tano or Charlie up instead :lol:

:lol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How many times has he dismissed out of hand other positions available?

I don't understand why people think he should do this. Why? To appease you? Do you think he gives a shit what you think?

It's completely disrespectful to dismiss another club's managerial position out if hand, especially when you haven't even been approached about it. It's like when these managers 'rule themselves out' of xxx job, and then the Chairman comes out and says "Er, they weren't on the shortlist anyway", it makes them look arrogant and stupid. If you hear of a job going that you might be qualified to apply for but aren't interested, do you call up all your family and friends and announce "I am not interested in this position"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here