Thunderstorms approaching !!!!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
We got about 10 pathetic flashes of lightning at 2am this morning, followed by some barely audible thunder - disappointed! That'll be it for this year

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Is it still approaching - this all sounds like one of the transfer rumour threads.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We just had a fairly potent shower in BN20 ...

With the main area of thunder pushing up through France, and with temps increasing I'd expect showers to start popping up all over the place. On the coast there though we're very reliant upon showers crossing the channel or extreme instability mid channel, as convective showers usually only start over the land (for obvious reasons).

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Having said that the radar is now showing 'streamers' mid channel - either side of where i am, so we've hit the threshold for stability

thunder.png

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bugger all in Littlehampton, as there was last night. Got some last night from work about 2:45am and it was still as humid as hell.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Most of the streamers fizzle out or head NE at the moment. It was heartbreaking as an allotment gardener seeing all those thunderstorms that bubbled up North of us and kept going North. I fear we are doomed to another 3 days of sweat.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bugger all in Worthing and most of Sussex so far, so still oppresssively hot today and bone dry. More watering needed,then :-(

If you'd been down on the seafront at about 1am you'd have seen spectacular flashes of fire coloured lightning over to the east.

I've never seen that before: how does lightning appear orange? I saw some forked lightning and also just flashes behind the clouds that lit them up orange too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you'd been down on the seafront at about 1am you'd have seen spectacular flashes of fire coloured lightning over to the east.

I've never seen that before: how does lightning appear orange? I saw some forked lightning and also just flashes behind the clouds that lit them up orange too.

At that point in time were you off your face on cider and acid while skinny dipping ?... only asking, like ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
OOooooer ! looks like one of the streamers is going to slide across Worthing !!!! come friendly rain fall on me !

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
OOooooer ! looks like one of the streamers is going to slide across Worthing !!!! come friendly rain fall on me !

It's slowly edging our way, but decaying at it comes. The main energy seems to the to the East.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports