Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunderstorms approaching !!!!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There was a massive one in London this morning, about 5.30am. I don't think I've ever heard thunder that loud. No rain or lightening though. Actually there was a little bit if rain, but not much.

That's what we got. Deafening it was! BOOOOOMM!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BIG one just north of Caen just now, but won't make it over here.

There were several there last night all festering and brewing and they all pissed off into Belgium ! I was thoroughly disappointed.

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Last night in Dorset we had an amazing show of lightning and some massive booms of thunder.
The rain was very heavy and today has been much cooler with a lovely breeze.

Do people still unplug the TV etc when there's a thunderstorm these days? I remember my dad used to disconnect everything in our house.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
French weather. What have they ever done for us?

Last night in Dorset we had an amazing show of lightning and some massive booms of thunder.
The rain was very heavy and today has been much cooler with a lovely breeze.

Do people still unplug the TV etc when there's a thunderstorm these days? I remember my dad used to disconnect everything in our house.

About 10 years ago my house was struck by lightning. Everything, and I mean everything electrical that was plugged in was destroyed, TV's, SKY, Laptop, Fridge, Freezer, toaster, kettle the lot.

Still can't be arsed to unplug stuff though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bugger all in Worthing and most of Sussex so far, so still oppresssively hot today and bone dry. More watering needed,then :-(

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to SouthEast news this morning, 2 houses caught fire when struck by lightening, in Kent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here