'Thundersticks' being provided for play-off semi-final

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hmmmm.

RAMS fans will be able to turn the iPro Stadium black and white and fill it full of noise – thanks to our thundersticks.

Readers who purchase a copy of the Derby Telegraph at the Asda store, in Spondon, tomorrow will also receive a pair of these noisy inflatables.

Some street vendors will also be giving away the thundersticks with every copy of the paper. We have created them for our readers as part of our Roar on the Rams campaign.

Derby Telegraph editor Neil White said: "The aim of our campaign was to turn Derby black and white and for Rams fans to have a great time doing it. And we've already seen in these pages how our readers are doing a great job of getting behind Derby County – so we want to keep doing everything we can to help them.

View attachment 53444

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Roa...l-Ipro-noise/story-21062059-detail/story.html

They're Window-Lickin' GOOD! :thumbsup:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
It's been troubling me for a while. That call & response thing when a goal is scored. What happens if they sign a player who's known by only a single name, Brazilian-style?

Announcer: "THE PALACE GOALSCORER, FR..."

Pikeys: "ED!
Yay aren't we such GREAT fans"

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I vaguely remember getting a free gift out of The Beano/The Dandy in the late sixties called the THUNDER CLACKER??????
It was made of card and shaped like a triangle?
You flicked it out and it made a loud crack!
You would have to be in your fifties to remember this-so that excludes 90 percent on here:)
I am losing my marbles tho so I may be talking utter:shit:

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I vaguely remember getting a free gift out of The Beano/The Dandy in the late sixties called the THUNDER CLACKER??????
You would have to be in your fifties to remember this-so that excludes 90 percent on here:)

I remember these. I am 49 so I may have dreamt it.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Have to say, that's great stuff from Derby. Presumably all the 'thundersticks' were already made and ready but they have taken on board feedback from the fans.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Those things still exist, you can make them rather easily with a sheet of paper. (Did you have those in your day?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here