Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Thundersticks' being provided for play-off semi-final

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
they are one of the most annoying and ear shredding hand outs they could have given to their fans, they're more annoying than clackers, maybe the plan is to make our players deaf so they can't hear instructions

"Thunder sticks
Thunder sticks
Thunder sticks"
evase2uz.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I was given PEPSI thundersticks at the semi final of the World T20 in Colombo a couple of years ago and it was THUNDEROUS.

Great for thundering along to Gangam Style every time someone hit a boundary.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
They're very useful when, if you get caught short, you slice the top open, drop the kids off inside, and then throw them into the showers.

However, I suspect the pi55-filled version may be heading towards the Family Stand with alarming regularity.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That goes quite well with a drum and goal music if you are THAT sort of club, still 2 out of 3 on Sunday will do nicely

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Palace are so confused with all of this. They "hate" modern football, yet are the most franchise-y, plastic MLS style club I've ever seen (goal music, call and response with announcer, half time bird show). Which is it to be?

It's been troubling me for a while. That call & response thing when a goal is scored. What happens if they sign a player who's known by only a single name, Brazilian-style?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
FEEEEEL the intimidation of the aptly named THUNDERSTICKS that will strike FEAR into the HEART of any second DIVISION footballer or SUPPORTER.

ot2az9.jpg

New smiley?

We had these a few times at Withdean, handed out by FA Cup sponsors, in the family stand. Annoying and crap. To be fair to Derby, it is the local rag, pulling this stunt, not the club.

We had clackers at Withdean several times too. I don't recall all the moaning about them then.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here