Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three improvements for next season

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ah right, I see your point. I'm of the opinion that we'll be getting a better manager at the start of next season than we had at the beginning of this. So by keeping Potter, I see that as an immediate improvement to the coaching.

In that case I am having keeping Maupay, keeping Welbeck, and keeping Bissouma as my 3 improvements as I think all 3 will be better next season.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
1) Rotate Gross - good servant but slows down play, still has a role to play

2) Sign a New striker with physical presence (mitrovic / benteke / Origi)

3) Sign LWB who can also cover elsewhere (Sessegnon)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Striker
Pacy replacement for Gross, this won’t come at 3 million though. He has been great but he is too slow and is often the player who holds us up by going backwards during an attack. We need a younger and much faster replacement with the same qualities
Whichever other players we buy need pace, both to attack and defend when we come up against teams like Arsenal, whose pace today ran us ragged

Pascal's lack of pace hasn't stopped him creating more goals than just about the rest of the team put together. He has no pace to lose as he gets older and nobody has worked out the Gross turn in 4 seasons so there is absolutely no reason to replace him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pascal's lack of pace hasn't stopped him creating more goals than just about the rest of the team put together. He has no pace to lose as he gets older and nobody has worked out the Gross turn in 4 seasons so there is absolutely no reason to replace him.

Well it’s all about opinions and in mine he slows our attacks down and his crossing is not that great. He has been fantastic this season but to progress into a more pacy attacking team he needs replacing.

This is a thread on what posters think need improving and it’s one of the things I would like to see improved,:shrug:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
1) Teach our attacking players how to get shots off first time or with only one touch

2) Get a striker who has more intelligent movement in the penalty area and can score when presented with clear chances

3) Move Moder into central midfield

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
We have the manager, we have the right culture, the set-up, the building blocks are in place. This now comes down to personnel, and Potter stamping his authority on the squad.

We've also seen how highly regarded Potter is by being a frontrunner for the Spurs job, so if Biss leaves we have to reinvest those funds and show ambition. My 3 improvements:

1. Sign Ryan Sessegnon - him and Lamptey will gjve us width and terrorise opposition defences.
2. Go back in for Darwin Nunez - the move to Benfica has not worked out for him, and if the club believes he is still the man then put in a bid. There's no value in the domestic market.
3. Move on some high wage earners: Ali J, Andone, Izquierdo, Propper. Clear some space on the bench for Caicedo and Alzate.

I woudl definitely consider offering Izquierdo a year contract extension to prove his fitness with another year option. He has the ability to help us move up the table.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I love Potter, but as he is here already, it can't be an improvement to have him next season, if something is the same it isn't an improvement, it's just the same.

If Potter is still here, which I pray he will be, it will be up to him to ACHIEVE any improvements.

And I would be perfectly happy that messrs Bloom, Barber, Ashworth and Potter can decide and sort whatever needs doing, which I am sure will be a much longer and well considered agenda than anything I could throw together.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Loan GraPott, Bjorn and Benny to Rochdale for the season where they can hone their skills at winning games, then get them back in for 2022/3 so we can storm the league.

#Tekkers
#Nom nom nom

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
1, attackers score more goals
2, substantially reduce the number of points from winning positions -- 25 this season
3, midfielders score more goals

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
1) We have no natural left back in the squad, so that needs to be addressed. Preferably an attacking full back who can also play at LWB. Karbo might be able to fill that position next season, but as I've been corrected a few times on this forum, he's not a natural left back!

2) Strong and quick centre forward. Glaringly obvious this needs to be addressed in the summer.

3) Pacey winger/attacking midfielder Khadra might add something a bit different if he's promoted to the first team next season, but I think we still need more pace in the final third, with players running at the defence from deep, as it's evidently missing with no Lamptey in the side.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
But how do we solve the striking issue?

They must practice in training every day and obviously our lack of goals suggest we need a new forward or two, but where from?

Connolly seems to have gone backwards, Zeqiri and Tau don't seem to have garnered much faith (as yet) from GP, so where do we get another striker from?

A fringe Prem player like Abraham? Another unknown from abroad hoping he'll adapt and be effective, or take another punt from the Championship or even League 1?

The problem is clear to see, but in our position (finances etc) I just don't how we're going to solve this. Even large sums like Newcastle spent on Joelinton confirm money is no guarantee.

It's the preverbial Elephant in the room and his footsteps are getting louder. Unless this issue can be resolved I fully expect a similar finish next season as to that of this season.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
But how do we solve the striking issue?

They must practice in training every day and obviously our lack of goals suggest we need a new forward or two, but where from?

Connolly seems to have gone backwards, Zeqiri and Tau don't seem to have garnered much faith (as yet) from GP, so where do we get another striker from?

A fringe Prem player like Abraham? Another unknown from abroad hoping he'll adapt and be effective, or take another punt from the Championship or even League 1?

The problem is clear to see, but in our position (finances etc) I just don't how we're going to solve this. Even large sums like Newcastle spent on Joelinton confirm money is no guarantee.

It's the preverbial Elephant in the room and his footsteps are getting louder. Unless this issue can be resolved I fully expect a similar finish next season as to that of this season.

If Brentford don't go up, I think we'd be stupid not to put a bid in for Ivan Toney.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here