Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Threads - New Twitter competitor by Meta (Instagram/Facebook)

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
No from me and maybe check out what permissions the software requests on your device and make sure you are happy to be giving away your privacy in return for a.n.other social media tool. There are and will be better alternatives.
It's a no from me too, that list of stuff it collects and shares is too frightening. Probably nothing that can't be obtained elsewhere but why does it need my credit score or health and fitness info, or my religious beliefs etc. etc. etc. plus so so much more...

Screenshot_20230707-103654.png

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just what the world needs. Another platform for dunder-headed members of the general public to spout their ill-informed opinions and abuse other users because they have different opinions to them. Sounds f***ing horrendous. I'm in.

I've got NSC for that.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It's a no from me too, that list of stuff it collects and shares is too frightening. Probably nothing that can't be obtained elsewhere but why does it need my credit score or health and fitness info, or my religious beliefs etc. etc. etc. plus so so much more...

View attachment 163274

Next thing you know there'll be a CGI Salma Hayek playing you in a live-streamed dramatisation of your life.

#ifyouknowyouknow

Dec 29, 2011

View attachment 163274
Mostly for advertising purposes (apparently). A more complete picture they can build the more advertiser's will pay.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if FB was a front for NSA to collect the world's data. Give it forty years and something like this will come to light.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here