Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

thread removed

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A loss happens if the club spends more than it receives in income. No form of investment by itself (either in return for shares or as a loan) affects the income or costs, save to say that a loan generally incurs interest which does count as expenditure in most cases. The only way you can reduce a loss is to either increase income or reduce expenditure (or a bit of both). Simples.

Wages and overheads.

Cheers......the clock ticks then...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Apologies everyone. I moved both threads because at a quick glance I thought they were speculating and in danger of getting Bozza into trouble. He has moved then back having had time to review them fully which I didn't.

As he says we can't be reviewing every single post and sometimes it's easier to move the thread and review it fully.

Better to be safe than sorry at the moment.

Last edited:

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Apologies everyone. I lived both threads because at a quick glance I thought they were speculating and in danger of getting Bozza into trouble. He has moved then back having had time to review them fully which I didn't.

As he says we can't be reviewing every single post and sometimes it's easier to move the thread and review it fully.

Made the right choice IMO, that threat was going down a dangerous route.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Apologies everyone. I lived both threads because at a quick glance I thought they were speculating and in danger of getting Bozza into trouble. He has moved then back having had time to review them fully which I didn't.

Thank you for explaining, Giraffe.

I think a lot of misunderstanding can happen when mods remove a thread because of what might be said in a thread. When it is removed, it is understandable that many users think a thread has been removed because of what has actually been said. When participants of a thread assess that nothing at all libellous has been said, then it is very easy to conclude that mods are somehow being heavy-handed and suppressing healthy debate.

Perhaps, if you remove a thread, even temporarily, it may be worth clarifying why in Moderating Decisions, to prevent this kind of misunderstanding. What do you think?

It seems we need to doth our cap to the money making machine that is BHAFC now . Great people have been shuffled to the side, Dick Knight, people who are hugely responsible for us even being at Falmer. The Henfield One and Lord Bracknell are now side stepped. The latter absolutely destroying Anne De Vecchi at the Lewes enquiry and now it seems forgotten with the head of secruity in particular treating him like a piece of trash. I am saddened these great men are now not given the regard they deserve as without Knight, Samrah, Bassford et all we would not even be at the Amex.
Leave me out of this.

A few years ago, I did have a misunderstanding with Richard Hebberd, which was based on what turned out to be his belief that I might have intervened when an NSC user posted an abusive message about an identifiable employee at the Club. Once he realised that I was on holiday at the time and had never even seen the post, let alone failed to intervene, all issues were resolved. This was in the Withdean days.

Since we've been at Falmer, Richard Hebberd and I have worked together amicably and productively (on disabled transport issues in particular) and there are no issues whatsoever between us.

Both threads?

Was the other one the Littlehampton Gazette thread? I was enjoying it yesterday morning and went to the cricket and it disappeared. I am unclear as to the reason as the debate was passionate but well presented. Just interested.
I removed the Littlehampton Gazette thread, following a phone call from Lenny Rider, drawing my attention to the fact that the thread contained several posts which were clearly libellous. And I mean "clearly" libellous. My caller, of course, had had experience of being sent solicitors' letters by the Club (in the Archer days) and didn't wish a similar experience to hit Bozza.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
In my opinion you shouldn't have to apologise for modding. Must take a little bit of time.

It actually takes up quite a bit of time, but we all do it for the good of NSC which in a few isolated cases is not appreciated, yes of course there is the odd occasion that we might make a mistake but anything we do, its always possible to rectify it.

I for one am pleased at Bozzas response a little bit back in this thread, the large amount of crap thrown at us is totally uncalled for, but of course when you look at the abuse from the individuals and then do a bit of research you always find that particular Moderator has given that member a ban / infraction, which of course in many cases will cause bad feeling from the person receiving it.

Also I / we do receive quite a few PMs asking us to deal with certain threads, ideally please use the report button, but if you do want to do it by way of a PM, PLEASE do give us a link to it, we do not patrol every post on every thread, and sadly it is not our full time jobs that pay our wages!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I removed the Littlehampton Gazette thread, following a phone call from Lenny Rider, drawing my attention to the fact that the thread contained several posts which were clearly libellous. And I mean "clearly" libellous. My caller, of course, had had experience of being sent solicitors' letters by the Club (in the Archer days) and didn't wish a similar experience to hit Bozza.

Fair enough. Thanks for that, had been enjoying the thread and disappeared to the cricket for the day and then couldn't find it....... No problem, thanks for clarifying.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Thank you for explaining, Giraffe.

I think a lot of misunderstanding can happen when mods remove a thread because of what might be said in a thread. When it is removed, it is understandable that many users think a thread has been removed because of what has actually been said. When participants of a thread assess that nothing at all libellous has been said, then it is very easy to conclude that mods are somehow being heavy-handed and suppressing healthy debate.

Perhaps, if you remove a thread, even temporarily, it may be worth clarifying why in Moderating Decisions, to prevent this kind of misunderstanding. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

From a personal point of view, I think not, basically it will invariably cause a binfest, some will always find a reason / argument as to why it should not have been removed, I for one am not sitting there for ages trying to explain in a secondary thread why I have removed a thread.

That said maybe it would be possible if it were done like the "Moderators Decisions" section is based, where we give a brief explanation as to why a member has been banned but the thread does not offer a right of reply (apart from Mods of course) :shrug:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Big Brother is watching NSC folks. We try to minimise the modding, honest!

Which in itself is worrying. I'm obviously not going to speculate at who these great overseers are BUT is a fans forum for a mostly middle of the road football club and which contains the views of a very small percentage of said clubs fans REALLY that much to get your knickers in a twist about ? These overseers must have a lot of spare time on their hands.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
From a personal point of view, I think not, basically it will invariably cause a binfest, some will always find a reason / argument as to why it should not have been removed, I for one am not sitting there for ages trying to explain in a secondary thread why I have removed a thread.

That said maybe it would be possible if it were done like the "Moderators Decisions" section is based, where we give a brief explanation as to why a member has been banned but the thread does not offer a right of reply (apart from Mods of course) :shrug:

Yes, I wouldn't expect a right of reply, because of the reasons you give. But some kind of notice would be welcome. I think it would also be helpful for users to hear of examples of what kind of thread is liable to being removed, as it might inform their posting actions, which may make moderating less time-consuming.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Big Brother is watching NSC folks. We try to minimise the modding, honest!

And as Westdene Seagull says that is very worrying. The managerial merry go round has been in full rotation this season, I wonder how many of our rivals have seen fit to monitor their Internet forums? Say what you like about Knight and Perry, in those days the fans knew what was going at the club.

We may have finished fourth this season yet it has turned out to be the ultimate season to forget. The summer csn't last long enough for me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Which in itself is worrying. I'm obviously not going to speculate at who these great overseers are BUT is a fans forum for a mostly middle of the road football club and which contains the views of a very small percentage of said clubs fans REALLY that much to get your knickers in a twist about ? These overseers must have a lot of spare time on their hands.

The overseers tend to be:

1: Google Adwords
2: People connected with the club (or used to be connected with the club) with an axe to grind.
3: People on NSC (or used to be on NSC) with an axe to grind
4: Other Albion fan related websites
5: People whose personal details have been mentioned on NSC.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The overseers tend to be:

1: Google Adwords
2: People connected with the club (or used to be connected with the club) with an axe to grind.
3: People on NSC (or used to be on NSC) with an axe to grind
4: Other Albion fan related websites
5: People whose personal details have been mentioned on NSC.

Thanks for clarifying - my post really wasn't a fishing trip to get this info !

But as you've posted :

1. Fair enough - NSC needs the cash
2. They should be told to Foxtrot Oscar - NSC should be entirely independent - the club might not like it but tough ( Archer didn't like fans views much either ! ).
3. See point 2.
4. See point 3.
5. Entirely understandable that personal details shouldn't be published without the consent of the person in question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here