Thread of positives

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
I've got nothing.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Agree there's positives.

- no need to pay for a wembley final which would be expensive. (As mentioned above)

-not going to be in a relegation battle next year.

-got Bournemouth and QPR away next season.

-can go up automatically next season, the proper way.

-cheaper season tickets next season

I'm just shitting it now about what players were going to lose....

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
We don't live in Croydon/London/Inside the M25

We live beside the sea.

We breath fresh sea air.

We are classy.

We are proud.

We are Brighton.

Martin Lambert

Jun 9, 2010
Mid-Sussex
I'm saying this from my heart. I feel there are none. I think we will lose half our team due to cherry pickers. Tonight shows that poyets way works to a certain extent but not enough to get the job done. What's worse Is It was frikken Zaha. I'm really not seeing any positives out of this FFP comes into play and we are doomed back to league 1 I think. We blew our shot.

If any of the core leaves, we should get decent money. If Gus goes we are big enough to get another decent manager.

Albion Rob

I'm saying this from my heart. I feel there are none. I think we will lose half our team due to cherry pickers. Tonight shows that poyets way works to a certain extent but not enough to get the job done. What's worse Is It was frikken Zaha. I'm really not seeing any positives out of this FFP comes into play and we are doomed back to league 1 I think. We blew our shot.

Agree Zaha was a problem but he isn't any more unless we draw ManUre in the cup. Seriously, is any defeat to Palace any more palatable thar another? No. So let's dust ourselves off and look forward to dicking them home and away next season as thy fumble around without thei talisman. As for FFP - I'd have thought that favours clubs getting 25k+ through the gate every week as surely turnover must be higher?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Core of the team. Pig. Birdcutt. Ulloa. Cms. Buckley. Bruno.

Bridcutt will be sold-Cannot keep all the 10 out of contract players. We are doomed I tell thee. we will struggle to stay up next season.

And I so hope that this gets bounced when we qualify for promotion next season :)

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
If we lose Gus we lose him, you cannot pin all your hopes on a manager or a player no matter how good they are. If we lose Gus easily he wasn't the one for us because i want a manager who will stick by us through thick and thin, and i understand entirely that an ambitious manager wants to be in the top league. I feel we lack a plan b still and i think that is something he could develop and still learn here, ill be disappointed if he goes. A manager is accountable for his results, we win and lost this season on his tactics.

Bridcutt we will lose im afraid, too good to be in the championship but we will get a fair amount of money and he has been a good servant to us. CMS and Ulloa will stay, the former likes it in Brighton and the latter has only been here 6 months and wont move that quickly, January if things are going bad perhaps, but not summer.

Bridge i think we could lose as many teams are interested which will be a shame but i think he might be happy to live in the SOuth however at the end of the day he has just got married and has a kid on the way so family first. Upson and Hammond i think will join but the latter lacks the inventiveness we need but is solid, and does the dirty jobs we need done.

I don't know where is everyones sense of adventure? sure we could lose everything we have held dear to us, but we could get everything we need to complete our great squad. the chemistry in the team, ability to win more matches than we draw and Ulloa, god damn Ulloa has meant that from results solely between January and the play offs we rank at the top of the league. Cardiff didn't give up last season, they grew, they grew into mother****ing dragons.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I much rather watch the football league show, than MOTD....:tantrum:

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
If any of the core leaves, we should get decent money. If Gus goes we are big enough to get another decent manager.

I really do hope so. At this time I am a broken man. The closest to the promised land In 25 odd years and we fall at the final hurdle. Really hope this FFP don't mess us up. I'm totally hurt and somewhat really annoyed with what happened tonight. What Is It with Palace and beating us when it counts?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It'll feel even better beating Palace in the league next season.

Albion Rob

These are not the Withdean years, it is by no means game over. A kick in the balls? Yes, but I'd still take how I feel now over howI felt when we lost 5-1 at home to Stoke at the end of he 2005/06 season.

northseagull

Dec 30, 2012
All the teams scrambling to get into the play offs have had their difficult times this season. Whoever goes up via them could well face a regular thrashing. We can do it again, as earlier poster said it may take a few times. In the meantime we have the Amex and plenty to be proud of.

1. Ticket prices won't go up dramatically next season.
  2. We won't have the cost and complication of getting tickets for Wembley.
  3. My friend won't be gutted at being at Center Parcs with his family when he could have been at Wembley.
Best I could come up with :(

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Taking 6 points off Palace next season as retribution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here