😐
Dec 26, 2011
Pfft... we've got Gully

download (2).jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Easy for them to give it large when they aren’t browbeaten into dealing with Southern trains every week

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
There is going to be some cracking atmospheres at the Amex for these games. When the fans get going the acoustics create an incredible noise.

I've been part of some very flat atmospheres at the Amex but games like the Sheffield Wednesday play off semi show that it can be a real cauldron of noise.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
European teams fans/ultras always seem to have a coordinated walk to the ground en-masse - I’m guessing Sussex police will allow this and put them all on their own train to the ground ? Bit like Palace game but on a larger scale ?
I also wonder if there are plans to set up a fan park for them to congregate ? Can’t see West Street spoons accommodating them all !

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
European teams fans/ultras always seem to have a coordinated walk to the ground en-masse - I’m guessing Sussex police will allow this and put them all on their own train to the ground ? Bit like Palace game but on a larger scale ?
I also wonder if there are plans to set up a fan park for them to congregate ? Can’t see West Street spoons accommodating them all !
nah - get them to walk the whole lewes road, they'll be knackered and miss the first half

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let’s not scaremonger our fans on here 🤪

Gonna have to step it up a notch and SING not just CLAP all around in these games.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I’m not sure you’d arrange a fan park. It just encourages fans to travel without tickets. Different at tournaments as fans are in situ and in need of somewhere to go when their own countries aren’t playing.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Fan park at Withdean

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I’m not sure you’d arrange a fan park. It just encourages fans to travel without tickets. Different at tournaments as fans are in situ and in need of somewhere to go when their own countries aren’t playing.
Ok perhaps not a fan park as such, but an allocated base for their fans to congregate throughout the day

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
nah - get them to walk the whole lewes road, they'll be knackered and miss the first half
Tell them when they get to Gatwick that they can do a 5 mile march on the ground. All provisions have been made as they wish.

Then tell them to get off at Plumpton and point to the hill

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Let’s not scaremonger our fans on here 🤪

Gonna have to step it up a notch and SING not just CLAP all around in these games.
Had a call from Arthur and Ethel in the ESU today. They've gone full ULTRA. Beryl has sourced a supply of party poppers and horns.

Unfortunately there was an A & E incident when Derek bought the wrong sort of poppers then mistook them for his eye drops.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
There is going to be some cracking atmospheres at the Amex for these games. When the fans get going the acoustics create an incredible noise.

I've been part of some very flat atmospheres at the Amex but games like the Sheffield Wednesday play off semi show that it can be a real cauldron of noise.
....and the Chelsea 4-1 game, and both the Palace games, the Andone one and the Solly one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here