Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread for Stockdale...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He wasn't great either, from some of the games I saw. He'd do the difficult stuff well, then drop the occasional clanger, costing us points.

(See, this is how it works: when a player makes a mistake, people mention it and discuss it. That doesn't mean anyone's "on his case" or anything as whiney as that but that's what happens. That's normal.)

Quite. He took time to settle in - he was always going to be good enough for us.

This season he's been absolutely magnificent right from the start - if people are criticizing a goalkeeper's passing then straws are being clutched at. And he's justly getting all the credit in the world for it, long may it continue. The man is playing like he has balls the size of grapefruit and it's an absolute joy to behold.

Listen, I am just saying he makes me nervous. He can pass the ball, and his volleying out of his hands is more than impressive (see the warm-ups to see the full range). To me he appears to think he is a better footballer (not goalkeeper) than I think he is (others may differ). I think I am just going to have to get a stronger ticker.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To me he appears to think he is a better footballer (not goalkeeper) than I think he is (others may differ). I think I am just going to have to get a stronger ticker.

Like so many people, he's clearly a big admirer of world champion Mani Neuer's sweeper-keeper capers. Stockdale's showing off his new moves just to try and impress his new friend "ice-cold" Uwe Huenemeier.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He wasn't poor last season.

He certainly was in large patches. He admitted as much, a keeper knows when they're playing well and when they're not. He had to come off Twitter because it was clearly getting to him and affecting performances. He's been far better this season.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
He certainly was in large patches. He admitted as much, a keeper knows when they're playing well and when they're not. He had to come off Twitter because it was clearly getting to him and affecting performances. He's been far better this season.

Completly agree with that. He was poor last season and fair play to him for admitting it. This season though he is like a new keeper. Maybe signing Maenpaa has kicked him into gear.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Great interview with him after the game. Re Bobby - "He's back. People thought it would be his last hurrah, but there are plenty of legs on that Donkey still! We have to wheel him on and off like in his wheelchair, but if he can do stuff like that I'll wheel him round Disneyland if he wants"

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Like so many people, he's clearly a big admirer of world champion Mani Neuer's sweeper-keeper capers. Stockdale's showing off his new moves just to try and impress his new friend "ice-cold" Uwe Huenemeier.

Against Rotherham (I think it was) he chipped a forward coming in to close him down. Properly chipped it over the forward's head straight to the feet of a defender. Neuer would have applauded that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here