Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thought you might be interested in Mick McCarthy's comments on Brighton after last night

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm confident it wasn't just a one off too. I've enjoyed all of our performances under Chris, not only the three wins, but Saurday's defeat too. I thought we were desperately unlucky to lose to Brentord, probably created almost as many chances as we did last night, and the goal we conceded was an absolute fluke too.

What a change a new manager can make!

The only difference between the two teams on Saturday was a deflection

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gracious words from MM there, fair play to him.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I met Mick McCarthy a couple of times when he was at Wolves. He was always friendly and is, quite frankly, charming to speak to. A real gent.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Agree with all of your comments, every one except the last that is. The Geoff Boycott of football?, Mick is far more entertaining when talking about football, than Geoff Boycott ever was about cricket!

Yes, far more entertaining, far less of the "me, me, me" attitude and much more of a team player during his playing days!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You see, It's not difficult Messrs Adkins and Davies.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
A really top British Manager, just like what we've got! I hope ITFC make it into the premiership this season because they are a good club, doing it the proper way. There was something on BBC Five Live last week which said that Mick's net spend since taking over at Ipswich is £12k! That's about a week of Jon Obika's wages.

British manager who played for Ireland

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He shook the hand of everyone of our players as they headed for the tunnel after. Top man.

I thought that at first but it wasn't him, it was someone with MW on their tracksuit

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
A really top British Manager, just like what we've got! I hope ITFC make it into the premiership this season because they are a good club, doing it the proper way. There was something on BBC Five Live last week which said that Mick's net spend since taking over at Ipswich is £12k! That's about a week of Jon Obika's wages.

Some things money can't buy. Football isn't one: Mick McCarthy

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I thought that at first but it wasn't him, it was someone with MW on their tracksuit

Really? I was sure it was MM, seemed to be waiting for Stockdale in particular.

Would love Derby and Ipswich to go up, 2 good clubs managed by decent professional managers. Watching McCarthy yesterday you could see him getting frustrated by Texeiria, definitely not his sort of player! Was expecting some 'made of paper' comments after from him but he's got more class than that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is my favourite Mick McCarthy comment of the season after we drew 2-2 down at Bournemouth after some snidey comments from Eddie Howe. It also applied to Watford (Jokanovic) and Fulham (Magath) after we beat them this season fair and square.

“It makes it all the more sweeter when we p*** the opposition manger off doesn’t it?” said McCarthy. “There are some of them who think they’re a little bit above us, maybe better footballers who stroke it about a bit more, and it really irks them when the comprehensive lads come and rough a few schoolboys up. They don’t like it do they?

“It just gives me greater satisfaction when we beat them. Even more so when they whinge about it afterwards.”

He continued: “What do they think we’re going to do? Let’s just have a nice pretty game of football and see who wins it? It doesn’t work like that.

“I think there are a few clubs that look down their nose at us and think they’re better than us. It’s derogatory sometimes the way they react.

“It surprises me. Solid Championship teams are not to be sneered at. Burnley were one of those and they got promoted. They had a couple of top strikers, but, let me tell you, everything behind that was really disciplined and organised.

Love this. Glad to hear Mick shares my opinion of Eddie Howe as a smug little prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here