Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those of us not born in Sussex.....

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Having now spent the majority of my 42 years living here, I now consider myself a man of Sussex (adopted), especially having helped produce two brand new Sussex born Albion fans!

Who else belatedly joined the fold (although I've been a fan over 20 years, STH for 11), due to being incorrectly born in the wrong place?:shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

Born in Surrey.

Lived for 40+ years in Sussex also had two sussex youngsters who both know the seagull chant and soon to know 'Sussex by the sea'.

I consider myself Sussex born and bred.

Surrey is shite.

Dandyman

In London village.
Born in glorious norf London, family moved to Sussex when I was 3, first Albion game was around my 13th birthday. Always regard Lewes as my home town although now live in north London.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Born in Essex, moved here when 5yrs old, 20 years in London and now back home in sunny Sussex

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Born in Buckinghamshire, moved to Sussex when I was 5 and lived there until I was nearly 20, moved back again for several years in the early 90's and became a weekly commuter, then moved away again. I have moved around a fair bit since and now live the closest to Sussex than I have since 95. I am well settled in Gloucestershire, and reckon it is a pretty fine place to live, but I still consider myself a man of Sussex.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Born in Sussex and will always be Sussex but both my children are born elsewhere one in Berkshire one in Surrey (i will carry that guilt to my grave) but we have now moved back to Sussex and both my children are happy adapting to the Sussex way of live. It is a wonderful feeling to see my son a season ticket holder and hear my 4 year old daughter singing GOSBTS and Donkey Derby, brings a tear to my eye.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sussex born and bred. Both my children born in Toxteth but eldest refuses to admit it and tells everyone he was born in Eastbourne, my hometown. Good boy!

Born in Tunbridge Wells, lived in Sussex since '95. A while ago it was suggested that borders be adjusted so that Surrey "won" Crawley and we gained Tunbridge Wells for Sussex (it wouldn't need to move far as the boundary is on the outskirts of town).

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Born and raised in South Harrow until my early teens when I moved to Sussex. Both my lads born here and consider Sussex forever my home county.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not born in Sussex, not lived there for 30 years, and unlikely to return.

Still come from God's own county.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Born in Tunbridge Wells, lived in Sussex since '95. A while ago it was suggested that borders be adjusted so that Surrey "won" Crawley and we gained Tunbridge Wells for Sussex (it wouldn't need to move far as the boundary is on the outskirts of town).

I think giving away Crawley to gain Tunbridge Wells is a bloody good deal!!

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
Born in tunbridge wells, hours later transfered to crowborough hospital, which was where my parents had their home. Lived in crowborough for 27years ( apart from 9 months in oz) and have lived in tunbridge wells for the last ten years. Consider myself sussex through and through. Kent can do one!

Dandyman

In London village.
Me also born in norf london, where abouts? Moved to brighton aged 2.

Born in the Whittington Hospital in Archway and lived briefly in East End Road in Finchley then Didsbury in Manchester then Brighton then Lewes all within the space of 3 years.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Born in the Whittington Hospital in Archway and lived briefly in East End Road in Finchley then Didsbury in Manchester then Brighton then Lewes all within the space of 3 years.

Ok i know very little about london I was born in chase farm hospital, enfield. And grew up in wood green until 2, then brighton.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Born in Scotland but moved to Hove aged 8 in 1961, so consider self Sussex bred. Well, Mum was from Eastbourne so that helps!

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
As my name says i hail from telford, shropshire with an irish background. My dad supports brighton took me to watch shrewsbury vs the albion at the old gay meadow and never looked back since. Even got my best mate to convert from man united to the albion :)

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
JCL's :moo:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Born in Hammersmith but moved to Sussex aged 11 months old & have been here ever since. Sussex through & through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here