Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This week's 1901 meal

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disappointment if you were looking forward to your lasagne, chips and rice dish as the rice has now been removed from the menu.

OMG "Ricegate" beckons

:mad::mad:

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
All these problems with the food in 1901, why not call in Jamie Oliver? I'm sure he would sort it. Seriously.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All these problems with the food in 1901, why not call in Jamie Oliver? I'm sure he would sort it. Seriously.

I think he's busy with another new series patronising the working class.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I don't know how some people get through their match day experience without starving to death. It seems that food is the most important thing about a visit to the Amex.
Am I one of the few who attends without worrying about my gut, and go purely for the football?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Salt cured beef, Hand carved slices of salt cured beef served with rustic chips & baby leaves.

I love when ALL attempts are made to make something sound posh and worth the money.

"Carved?! By HAND?! WOW!"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love when ALL attempts are made to make something sound posh and worth the money.

I know. It's like when I once saw pan fried salmon on a menu. What else do you fry it in? A bucket?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

They'll be "Pan Frying" stuff next, as opposed to all the other ways of frying stuff, or "Oven Roasted" as opposed to roasted in a fridge, or a shoe box, or a vacuum clener bag. In fact, no, I doubt they will, maybe they will offer "Microwave Warmed-Up" Lasagne

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
They'll be "Pan Frying" stuff next, as opposed to all the other ways of frying stuff, or "Oven Roasted" as opposed to roasted in a fridge, or a shoe box, or a vacuum clener bag. In fact, no, I doubt they will, maybe they will offer "Microwave Warmed-Up" Lasagne

TBF - it could be deep-fried.

Or slow-roasted. Or spit-roasted.

As well you know. :)

But hand-carving does take talent.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will there be a demo tomorrow ? Expecting placards with "Rice Is Nice" and "We Want Rice" in all the lounges :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
TBF - it could be deep-fried.

Or slow-roasted. Or spit-roasted.

As well you know. :)

But hand-carving does take talent.

slow roasted is still in an oven, and spit roasted doesn't exist, unless it's done in an oven.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Ungrateful get. You don't recall my slow-roasted lamb shanks...?

No ovens were used in the making of such delicacies.

Never ungrateful chap, they were lovely, apart from the skelington. However, dictionary definitions and all that,

roast
v. roast·ed, roast·ing, roasts
1. To cook with dry heat, as in an oven.
2. To cook food in an oven.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I shall frequent the North Stand post match and I will instigate an ARS demo if there is no rice available.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here you go folks, the lasagne, rustic chips and garlic bread and no rice option. Mmmmm. But what is rustic about the chips?

Attachments

• Attachment-1.jpeg
    Attachment-1.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 67

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here