Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] This weather

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are you serious What clarification are yoiu waiting for. Of course you can go in your garden. What do you want Boris to knock on your door to tell you.

I think we should have a thread of most stupid questions asked. I will start with following..
Somebody phoned a radio station today to ask what they do if they run out of food and they have already been to supermarket that week.
Yes I am serious, and having read your post I think we should have a thread for the most stupid answers. Perhaps you should read the sticky Bozza posted this morning.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm staggered, here in Arundel I've got a team of landscapers over the road still working and up the road there's a team fitting a new kitchen, these are hardly "essential" shirley?

If the customer said I’ll pay you up front then they could go home for a bit... Problem with being self employed is only to evident over this and the news coming out won’t keep builders indoors

Yoda

English & European
Washing out at 1045hrs, back in dry and done by 1445hrs. Result. Time to do all those bedsheets and towels NSC!

Lucky you. Our washing line broke during one of the winter storms and haven't had a chance/time to buy and put a new one up. No chance to do that until at least mid April now.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
CoSNOWnavirus!

accompanied by picture of two young women frolicking in the snow on Brighton Beach, wearing facemasks.
:lolol::bowdown:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If the customer said I’ll pay you up front then they could go home for a bit... Problem with being self employed is only to evident over this and the news coming out won’t keep builders indoors

I think also people think that everyone on PAYE can get 80% of salary up to £30k they can't. I'm very much still WFH as are twenty members of my team, some I need FT and some PT, so they either keep working on lower salaries or they go onto the furloughed scheme, problem for me is there's still work to be done but with 65% less revenue and income. I won't be taking a salary for months as the business can't afford it, but I'm working and can claim nothing, same as I did for the three years of building the business.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Lucky you. Our washing line broke during one of the winter storms and haven't had a chance/time to buy and put a new one up. No chance to do that until at least mid April now.

Improvise something, Yoda - clothes drying racks you might usually use indoors, or drape clothes on chairs outside (two chairs placed a few feet apart are good for a bed sheet), or a string washing line... it’s Viz wartime top tips all over again :wink:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Improvise something, Yoda - clothes drying racks you might usually use indoors, or drape clothes on chairs outside (two chairs placed a few feet apart are good for a bed sheet), or a string washing line... it’s Viz wartime top tips all over again :wink:

Amazon are still delivering. Click the link above and you can help [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] buy some bog roll.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'd rather you just bought me some bog roll.

Mrs PS got some toilet roll at Tesco's today. Only thing they didn't have was pasta and milk. Thankfully they are now making the idiot's adhere to the quotas they've set. Some legends must have enough for the next 6 month's and freezers full of food they probably won't eat but they had to buy it anyway.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well, it's all about acts of kindness.

Aldi had stocked up this morning and I managed to get a whole shopping trolley stuffed full of everything I needed. The store started to empty pretty quick. A little old lady then came up behind me in the queue to the tills with only 2 things off her list she could find.*

So I did the only thing you can do, "listen love, you can go in front of me, you only have 2 items".**

*I didn't go to Aldi today.
**This didn't actually happen.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Shouldn't really giggle, as this is serious but that made me chuckle. How long before people are mugged or burgled with just their shopping being taken?

Hopefully, as long as people stick to the new lockdown rules the shops should have sufficient stock. I'm not sure who will be 'policing' the shops though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It would be really stupid if you held a BBQ with 20 odd people, after all, we have the weather for it.
But surely you would have to be off the scale selfish to do that.
Let's hope nobody does that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think also people think that everyone on PAYE can get 80% of salary up to £30k they can't. I'm very much still WFH as are twenty members of my team, some I need FT and some PT, so they either keep working on lower salaries or they go onto the furloughed scheme, problem for me is there's still work to be done but with 65% less revenue and income. I won't be taking a salary for months as the business can't afford it, but I'm working and can claim nothing, same as I did for the three years of building the business.

2.5m of us small company owners are in that same boat. As there’s still some activity, we can’t through the company PAYE scheme reclaim 80% of our own salary (typically c£8.6k).

I assume that the holidays and deferrals of business rates (hospitality sector), corp tax, VAT, grants and cheap government backed bank loans are intended to ease cashflow and see us through the crisis.

Do you pay rent (or own the freehold to your business premises?). Many commercial landlords are playing ball with temporary assistance to tenants to help them through, and to keep a good tenant longterm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here