Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] This weather

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not really. Gardens for many are a great extension to house space.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

This.
It seemed to rain every weekend for months, with absolutely nothing to look forward too at the moment, going out in the garden to do various jobs is keeping me sane.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Children in the garden across the way played swing ball for several hours today (what else can they do?); by the end, having had to shut the windows to try and work I was hoping for a little rain.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looking increasingly like we'll get 2 or 3 days of pretty cold air over us from Sunday. I would expect some convective showers off the North Sea in a NNE or NE wind. Snow can't be ruled out here, especially over hills and overnight (Sunday and Monday). Will be cold during the day 5-6C max) and down to freezing overnight in a strong wind.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Looking increasingly like we'll get 2 or 3 days of pretty cold air over us from Sunday. I would expect some convective showers off the North Sea in a NNE or NE wind. Snow can't be ruled out here, especially over hills and overnight (Sunday and Monday). Will be cold during the day 5-6C max) and down to freezing overnight in a strong wind.

Yes - bit of a downer this. I ripped out my fireplace and mantlepiece and so on on in preparation for the stove-fitter. But obviously that's not happening - so I'm without a fire or a stove for the duration. By which time it may be summer.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes - bit of a downer this. I ripped out my fireplace and mantlepiece and so on on in preparation for the stove-fitter. But obviously that's not happening - so I'm without a fire or a stove for the duration. By which time it may be summer.

Ooh. That's not nice. Do you have any other form of heating?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think also people think that everyone on PAYE can get 80% of salary up to £30k they can't. I'm very much still WFH as are twenty members of my team, some I need FT and some PT, so they either keep working on lower salaries or they go onto the furloughed scheme, problem for me is there's still work to be done but with 65% less revenue and income. I won't be taking a salary for months as the business can't afford it, but I'm working and can claim nothing, same as I did for the three years of building the business.

I think you might be in for a shock about which businesses are gonna quality for this 80%

I have seen some of the Inspectors proposed Regulations/Stipulations to qualify for it. These Stipulations are heading full speed ahead towards Legislation but we have warned HMRC that if these Stipulations stay in place then far too many companies won't qualify but they are not listening and pressing ahead with their already agreed wording of the Legislation.

There will be so many appeals by the businesses who don't qualify and we don't have time for appeals.

Businesses are gonna just shut up shop if they don't get the Grants without these Stipulations.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Ooh. That's not nice. Do you have any other form of heating?

Many thanks - but yes, we'll be fine. It's just an old house, so the living room which faces north never really warms up without additional heating. As we'd emptied the room, we've got the sofa and comfy stuff in the lean-to during this lovely sunny time, which is roasting by day and chilly in the evening. But hey - the clocks go forward this weekend, and anyway, now I'm WFH I can do what they used to do and time my work by the sun rather than by the clock.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
2.5m of us small company owners are in that same boat. As there’s still some activity, we can’t through the company PAYE scheme reclaim 80% of our own salary (typically c£8.6k).

I assume that the holidays and deferrals of business rates (hospitality sector), corp tax, VAT, grants and cheap government backed bank loans are intended to ease cashflow and see us through the crisis.

Do you pay rent (or own the freehold to your business premises?). Many commercial landlords are playing ball with temporary assistance to tenants to help them through, and to keep a good tenant longterm.

Have agreed a three month payment holiday on the two offices but the main problem is we're digital and in the property and travel sectors, revenue is down 65% and falling, some clients have said they'll keep live as long as they can so we've given a huge discount to keep them live for longer which will take the revenue drop even further.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think you might be in for a shock about which businesses are gonna quality for this 80%

I have seen some of the Inspectors proposed Regulations/Stipulations to qualify for it. These Stipulations are heading full speed ahead towards Legislation but we have warned HMRC that if these Stipulations stay in place then far too many companies won't qualify but they are not listening and pressing ahead with their already agreed wording of the Legislation.

There will be so many appeals by the businesses who don't qualify and we don't have time for appeals.

Businesses are gonna just shut up shop if they don't get the Grants without these Stipulations.

That's worrying as I need to do this before Friday!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have agreed a three month payment holiday on the two offices but the main problem is we're digital and in the property and travel sectors, revenue is down 65% and falling, some clients have said they'll keep live as long as they can so we've given a huge discount to keep them live for longer which will take the revenue drop even further.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you see light at the end of the tunnel soon. Not knowing what part of the travel sector you're in, I think travel/holidays will 'take off' very quickly once restrictions are cleared (subject to flight capacity being brought up to speed), as many people would've been frustrated with their plans and inspirations. Imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here