Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] This squad and next season.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Nobody is going to stop Bissouma or White going to a top 4 team. I'm sure of that. Not sure the money is about at the moment though.

I believe Biss already has a deal done to go somewhere. Guessing Arsenal.

Purely speculation on my part.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
For next season ...

I think we'll lose fringe players in the summer. Alzate, Propper, Izquierdo, Tau, Connolly, Walton, Jahanbaksh

There will also be returning players from loan, who we will have to find a club for. Duffy, Locadia, Ryan, Bernardo

There will be a few on loan now, who we will sell. Molumby, Ostigard, Gyokeres

A few we will loan again. Richards, Roberts,

In goal, I think we'll be looking for experienced back up for Robbie

In defence, largely as you were, but Clarke adding extra cover

In midfield. Similar again, except we should and will sign a left wing back. Caicedo and Karbownik will be fringe players

Up front. I think we'll reintegrate Andone and go into next season with him competing with Maupay and Welbeck

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
It would be bonkers to sell Sanchez. He's young so won't command a big price. Coming through the Academy means he's well known to the club and we'd have to buy a replacement. No point in selling if we want to be a top ten club...

Didn't Chelsea pay 80 million euros for kepa? He was a 24 year old back up GK for spain. Most of his experience was on loan at lower league clubs too. It was mad of them to pay that much but it does happen.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I believe Biss already has a deal done to go somewhere. Guessing Arsenal.

Purely speculation on my part.

(It's a possibility- heard some rumours from Arsenal suggesting the same- sounds like a deal in Jan was closer than we might've realised)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
For next season ...

I think we'll lose fringe players in the summer. Alzate, Propper, Izquierdo, Tau, Connolly, Walton, Jahanbaksh

There will also be returning players from loan, who we will have to find a club for. Duffy, Locadia, Ryan, Bernardo

There will be a few on loan now, who we will sell. Molumby, Ostigard, Gyokeres

A few we will loan again. Richards, Roberts,

In goal, I think we'll be looking for experienced back up for Robbie

In defence, largely as you were, but Clarke adding extra cover

In midfield. Similar again, except we should and will sign a left wing back. Caicedo and Karbownik will be fringe players

Up front. I think we'll reintegrate Andone and go into next season with him competing with Maupay and Welbeck

Agree with these but the reality is we simply won't get rid of that many players.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Really hope that we don’t lose Sanchez, we have cover in all other positions. Be a hammer blow if we lose him

No. It really wont be a hammer blow.. He is by a country mile our all time number one keeper but Ben Roberts will have that covered. No worries about that at all.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Get Webster, Solly and Lamptey back fully fit.

Sign Welbeck, if he’s reasonable with his money demands.

Hopefully keep Bissouma.

Sign another striker (with pace), a LB and midfield cover.

Goalkeepers - better cover for Sanchez?

Farewell I think to Propper and Jahanbakhsh.

Pretty sure Bissouma will be gone. Moder ready to step in there and hopefully Caceido breaks through. I’d actually say the very last thing we need is more midfielders unless they are wide players. The squad is way too stacked in the middle.

Absolutely essential, exactly like last three transfer windows, that we get a better striker and decent left back cover. Without these we are still going to be all fur coat and no knickers over a season.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No chance, if we sell , we would be waiting to see who is interested, we won't be takmy the first offer.

Depends on the offer, time left on contract, player, manager, many things.

Look at the timing of the Moises deal. And Biss making odd statements on social media (eg the clock/timer post). And his performance drop off.

Could be wrong. We’ll find out end of the season.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
No. It really wont be a hammer blow.. He is by a country mile our all time number one keeper but Ben Roberts will have that covered. No worries about that at all.

Roberts can't keep goal himself

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Get Webster, Solly and Lamptey back fully fit.

Sign Welbeck, if he’s reasonable with his money demands.

Hopefully keep Bissouma.

Sign another striker (with pace), a LB and midfield cover.

Goalkeepers - better cover for Sanchez?

Farewell I think to Propper and Jahanbakhsh.

I think the key is getting rid of higher earners not contributing for various reasons. Izquierdo, Andone (injured). Ali J, Bernardo, Propper (not quite good enough), Locadia (utter sh1te). Those 6 probably all within our top 11 earners. Replace them with a top notch striker and a pacy LWB (Sessegnon?) and we’d be laughing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pretty sure Bissouma will be gone. Moder ready to step in there and hopefully Caceido breaks through. I’d actually say the very last thing we need is more midfielders unless they are wide players. The squad is way too stacked in the middle.

Absolutely essential, exactly like last three transfer windows, that we get a better striker and decent left back cover. Without these we are still going to be all fur coat and no knickers over a season.

I thinking along the lines of if Lallana had spells out next season.

The player’s a class act, creatively he makes us tick and drives us forward with his instinctive attacking game.

We miss him sorely when he doesn’t play.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If we do sell Biss it will be for a fair price that’s for sure.

The reason I ask, is that I don't think Arsenal have anything like the amount of money to spend on a player that we would ask for Biss

I've a sneaky suspicion that PSG might be the team to worry about

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the key is getting rid of higher earners not contributing for various reasons. Izquierdo, Andone (injured). Ali J, Bernardo, Propper (not quite good enough), Locadia (utter sh1te). Those 6 probably all within our top 11 earners. Replace them with a top notch striker and a pacy LWB (Sessegnon?) and we’d be laughing.

Totally agree.

Is Locadia still on the payroll?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’m not going to get carried away. Newcastle were shocking. You can only beat what’s in front of you and we played very well.
IMO we still need a striker, I like Welbeck and it shows us what having a striker with presence provides but can we rely on him not to break down again? Too risky.
We also need a player who can deliver a consistent set piece. Maybe thats Mac.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Nobody is going to stop Bissouma or White going to a top 4 team. I'm sure of that. Not sure the money is about at the moment though.

Don’t get me wrong, Ben White has done well this season but well enough for a big 4 club to come calling with an offer we can’t refuse in a post COVID depressed transfer market? I really can’t see it.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Don’t get me wrong, Ben White has done well this season but well enough for a big 4 club to come calling with an offer we can’t refuse in a post COVID depressed transfer market? I really can’t see it.

Totally agree.
We would let a player leave to a top 4 club, assuming they wanted to leave. But I just don't think the money is around. We'd want at least what? 40 million? 50? We turned down 25+ before he'd even played a league game.
It's been a shit year, for everyone, but could work out in our favour in this instance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here