Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This season hinges on TB now.....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've spent a few quid on transfers fees and signing on fees for the free agents, but I doubt it would have made a huge dent in the 10.5m (+ possible 2m add on) for Ulloa and Buckley. This may mean that we have a few quid to spend in January.

Yes, this occurred to me too. Better to save the money to spend when Sammi has had time to bed himself in and has got a better idea of what he needs (and who he thinks can provide it)?

it may also mean that TB would like the club to break even instead of having to fund the losses out of his own pocket again.

.....and, yes, that's the other possibility!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I believe the club (PB and TB) when they say that they were on target to meet FFP limits for last season and this season and didn't need to sell for financial reasons. Bridcutt and Buckley gave us no choice as they were definitely not putting in 100% ever since Gus's first approach to both players, and I'd say that although Ulloa showed much more professionalism and class, we probably would have had an unhappy player on our hands if we'd denied him his (deserved) move to a PL club and a big contract to set him up at the end of his career.
We've spent a few quid on transfers fees and signing on fees for the free agents, but I doubt it would have made a huge dent in the 10.5m (+ possible 2m add on) for Ulloa and Buckley. This may mean that we have a few quid to spend in January; it may also mean that TB would like the club to break even instead of having to fund the losses out of his own pocket again.

I'm sure in one of TB's interviews he stated that the money had been used to meet debts built up from previous seasons

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here