Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This season hinges on TB now.....

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Until freebies and out of contracts aren't an option. TB won't spend out on a proven goal scorer. Rather do It the cheap way and sift through the mud just to try and find a gem. Sometimes It works, but 9/10 it's fruitless.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think an experienced man would point out where we are going wrong in our build up. We are not providing the chances as clear cut chances to our front men most are 50/50 balls and we are changing the side too often seeking the answer.

We had 25 shots and 15 corners, and 6 shots on target. It is not the build-up play, it is the finishing. We don't need some washed-up has-been old-school coach to point that out.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Why did we spunk 1/2 mill on a 'striker' who's not getting a look in, didn't even see him there today ? Baldock was top L1 scorer last season because he had Emmanuel-Thomas to feed off.....it's not rocket science.
Although he was not top of everyone's popularity list, but someone in the mode of Ishmael Miller is what we need.......reaches for tin hat........

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The team can play, can create chances, might leak more goals than we are used to.....but.....

is currently is absolutely toothless upfront, loan window closes when?

Your choice TB........

This is what I thought today. A focal point up front who can hit the target and there will be an end product. This would motivate the whole team and the atmosphere would completely change. I sensed a lack of belief from an unbalanced team. We have show ponies but we are in the results business, not the entertainment business.. entirely at least !!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
We've made our signings but unfortunately most look shite- colunga too small no pace and lightweight, COG is our ulloa replacement but can't even get on the bench despite being given a 3yr contract!!!, CMS simply not good enough and jury out on Baldock - really not looking good.

Fair comment really. COG should have played a part today, no question. Sami is out of his depth.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
We took an age to replace Murray with Ulloa. How long before we replace Ulloa?
There aren't any QUALITY goal scorers available on emergency loans. They're all playing every week!
Buckle up.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Until freebies and out of contracts aren't an option. TB won't spend out on a proven goal scorer. Rather do It the cheap way and sift through the mud just to try and find a gem. Sometimes It works, but 9/10 it's fruitless.

this, 500k for COG plus how much a month x 36 months???? straight down the bog

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We took an age to replace Murray with Ulloa. How long before we replace Ulloa?
There aren't any QUALITY goal scorers available on emergency loans. They're all playing every week!
Buckle up.
Strikers are ALWAYS available, at the right price. As I said before, it is Mr Bloom's choice what kind of season we have now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Could TB insist on bringing in an experienced man to help Hyppia. Somebody like Peter Reid, Lennie Lawrence that type of man with that type of experience.

Are Peter Reid and Lennie Lawrence still alive?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If we were to get someone else to assist Hyypia I'd like someone younger, that has played at the top and is still hungry for the game, not just a fossil who's going through motions. Danny Murphy would be good.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Re: Murray. Didn't TB allude to some clubs not wanting to deal with us for certain players in a recent interview. I wonder if Palace was one of them

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I agree with the general tone of this thread - the strike force we currently have simply isn't good enough.

I said when we signed Baldock that if he was our main striker target then it's a concern. He's almost exactly the same as CMS - great League One striker but not up to it at Championship level. They could almost be twins in terms of style of play and physique.

I said Colunga could go either way as we're yet to see him at this level - Ulloa quality find or Rodriguez disappointment.

COG - possibly useful as a hold up man and to give us different options, but very unlikely to bang in goals galore. To be fair to him, he hasn't even been given a chance so far anyway, which is a bit puzzling to be honest.

All this adds up to a major mistake in not getting in a proven goalscorer at this level.

Early days, so it might come good yet, but so far I'm no more hopeful than I was at the start of the season.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Murray scored on his Reading debut and missed a pen in their defeat yesterday. Who knows how his loan will pan out in the long term. He might score very few, then again...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here