This new "Reputation" thing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Current parameters...

Everyone starts with 10 points
Administrator's 'power' is the same as any other user (i.e. I've not set it so I can give people +/- 10,000 if I want)
For every 365 number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
For every 1000 number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
A user must make 100 posts before his reputation hits count on others?
A user have a reputation of at least 10 before his reputation hits count on others?
Each user can give 10 reputation clicks over each 24 hour period?
You must give reputation to at least 20 different before you can hit the same person again.

(I like the one in bold as it means those who have been disapproved a lot are not able to negatively affect others)

Do Points mean prizes?

images

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh I am so hurt.The truth must be told though.
Anyway I am on the first page of 78 pages on the BBS for reputation points.:banana::banana:
Do your worst.
You won't be getting negative rep from me for telling the truth.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If your 'power' can be boosted by post count (like some video game) isn't this going to encourage people to post crap just to get their post count up? You haven't really thought about this properly have you you bloody cider-befuddled idiot.
That's a bit harsh :) That's a lot of posts just to move your influence up by 1.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Current parameters...

Everyone starts with 10 points
Administrator's 'power' is the same as any other user (i.e. I've not set it so I can give people +/- 10,000 if I want)
For every 365 number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
For every 1000 number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
A user must make 100 posts before his reputation hits count on others?
A user have a reputation of at least 10 before his reputation hits count on others?
Each user can give 10 reputation clicks over each 24 hour period?
You must give reputation to at least 20 different before you can hit the same person again.

(I like the one in bold as it means those who have been disapproved a lot are not able to negatively affect others)

Bozza, were you by any chance into those Dungeons & Dragons games when you were a small boy...?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
You're confusing Reputation Level and Reputation Power.

Your 54 is equivalent to my 221. It's the cumulative score of people approving and disapproving of you.

Your power is currently 16...

7 years membership
8(000) posts
1 other point (again)

So when you approve or disapprove of somebody you'll add/subtract 16 from their score. So if you could approve of yourself you'd go up to 70.

... and then you evolve into Bulbasaur

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Gibt me ein positive reputations.
Timmyyyyyyyy!

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its for normal boards of special interest areas where people want to know whose opinions they should and shouldnt trust. we're a bit more grown up round here making it redundant.

if we are to keep, can we change the green to blue, so we can neg rep all the Palarse fans to show JCLs who they are? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports