This new "Reputation" thing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So why on earth is my reputation score 54?!

You're confusing Reputation Level and Reputation Power.

Your 54 is equivalent to my 221. It's the cumulative score of people approving and disapproving of you.

Your power is currently 16...

7 years membership
8(000) posts
1 other point (again)

So when you approve or disapprove of somebody you'll add/subtract 16 from their score. So if you could approve of yourself you'd go up to 70.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ironically, I'm giving 'rep' to those that think it's wank!

It definitely feels abit "I'm a better fan then you "

and given that now I'm a second level fan this is hard to take ... :(

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Will this discourage posters from starting good threads in the fear that they will be knocked back for doing so?

If someone is upset by people voting their reputation down, won't they also be upset by people abusing them for posting "false" information within the thread proper, too? As such, I doubt it will make any difference is this respect.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Ah, so Palarse fans will move up quickly if family stick together....Simply because they are all related to each other... Is that fair?:lol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Current parameters...

Everyone starts with 10 points
Administrator's 'power' is the same as any other user (i.e. I've not set it so I can give people +/- 10,000 if I want)
For every 365 number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
For every 1000 number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
A user must make 100 posts before his reputation hits count on others?
A user have a reputation of at least 10 before his reputation hits count on others?
Each user can give 10 reputation clicks over each 24 hour period?
You must give reputation to at least 20 different before you can hit the same person again.

(I like the one in bold as it means those who have been disapproved a lot are not able to negatively affect others)
If your 'power' can be boosted by post count (like some video game) isn't this going to encourage people to post crap just to get their post count up? You haven't really thought about this properly have you you bloody cider-befuddled idiot.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If your 'power' can be boosted by post count (like some video game) isn't this going to encourage people to post crap just to get their post count up? You haven't really thought about this properly have you you bloody cider-befuddled idiot.

All I've done is turn it on and left the default settings in place. They can be adjusted. If we feel 1000 posts is too generous, it can be altered to give less credence to post volume.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Where can you see your repuation score and others??

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Thinking this through I don't think it's a good idea overall. Reputation is a vague word.

You can lose reputation points for example starting a thread about Indians born in England, but does this mean the person can't be trusted for transfer news for example?

Just seems too arbitrary. It's more a "like" button really isn't which just leads to the same old groups making each other look good.

Blast away!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hmm Bozza is playing about with the settings as we speak, apparently now he has his first ever season ticket!! :)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Thinking this through I don't think it's a good idea overall. Reputation is a vague word.

You can lose reputation points for example starting a thread about Indians born in England, but does this mean the person can't be trusted for transfer news for example?

Just seems too arbitrary. It's more a "like" button really isn't which just leads to the same old groups making each other look good.

Blast away!!!

Spot on :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports