Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is what we're fighting for, people!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
It may sound sad but the day that decision is made will probably be the most important of my life.

But it'll be pointless trying to express our joy (cos it will be joy) on NSC, its sometimes a job to get on at the moment when nothing much is happenning

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Do you know what REALLY annoys me? All the protesters who say it will disrupt their lives having noisy, smelly football fans congregating on the outskirtgs of Brighton every other week.

Stuff 'em. They'll all be dead soon, we're fighting so that Brighton and Hove Albion will survive and so that future generations will have a focus for their community spirit and pride.

And speaking of being dead, if the Enquiry goes against us (despite ALL the democratically made decisions being in our favour) and Norman Baker is found with his head stoved in - I'm going to make sure I've got a damn good alibi.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
f*** being on NSC, if it's a yes a 48 hour PARTY will begin even if it means leaving work. They can try and keep me here but they wno't succeed.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It may sound sad but the day that decision is made will probably be the most important of my life.
I don't think that's sad at all. I was present at the birth of both my children and those were magic, magic times - but getting Falmer willo be up there with that. It's gone on longer than any bloody pregnancy as well.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
eastlondonseagull said:
Just a little reminder. Sound the bugle. Charge!

010433243979000lp.jpg

I'm not a big fan of that image. It gives the impression that it really IS being built in an AONB. It totally misses out the dual carrageway and Brighton University tea hut style buildings. Not to mention the railway line and station.

On a more positive note is does disregard the Village too!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Desert Orchid said:
There is still a chance of a decision from Prezza in late March or early April, but I suspect Norman Baker will be proved right about 1 thing - reckon it'll be announced after the election.

Which is why we should have Falmer4All candidates set up BEFORE the election. If we get the right decision before the election then they withdraw.

simple.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Re: Re: This is what we're fighting for, people!

Lammy said:
I'm not a big fan of that image. It gives the impression that it really IS being built in an AONB. It totally misses out the dual carrageway and Brighton University tea hut style buildings. Not to mention the railway line and station.

On a more positive note is does disregard the Village too!
True, but it does also show that the stadium itself is not an eyesore and will blend in nicely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just changed my background from a view of the past, 'gulls-eye' Goldstone. To that, the future.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
eastlondonseagull said:
Just a little reminder. Sound the bugle. Charge!

010433243979000lp.jpg
its beautiful :) one day my friend , one day

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If it's delayed any more than the end of the season I'm go find someone and kick the SHIT out of them. It was beyond a joke this time last year.
Not all the evidence was in back then - i.e. are any other sites suitable and available? This time, it should (!) be a bit more clear cut. The delay could come from the Inspector saying 'so and so is suitable', and Prescott disagreeing because - once again - it is not in keeping with government policy.

I honestly believe Prescott - and certainly a sizeable clump of the Parliamentary Labour Party - wants Falmer to happen. Rememner Blair said how he 'understands the frustrations of the Brighton fans'? Not the NIMBYs, or the Councils - THE FANS. Together with a sound planning argument, I think the political winds are in our sails.

The Inspectors' Report ought to read something like:

Dear Mr Prescott

Withdean
shit

Waterhall
shit

Coral's
dogshit

Shoreham Harbour
wet shit

Brighton Station
don't talk shit

Sheepcote Valley
shit slung out of the caravans

Shoreham Airport
just plane shit

Upper Beeding
utter bleeding shit

Toad's Hole Valley
toad's shitehole valley

That was worth wasting six months and half a million pounds, wasn't it?

Yours, with kind regards etc
A.N. Inspector

QED.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think we'll get the"YES" in April!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Re: Re: This is what we're fighting for, people!

Wardywonderland said:
It is starting to feel like we are the jews in search of the promised land. Just when we are almost there, we have to do an about turn and go back the other way.
if you are talking about their modern day search,i guess dick knight is the equivalent of arafat...actually not a bad resemblance

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If it is a straight yes i think i will pass out.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
BRIGHT ON Q said:
If it is a straight yes i think i will pass out.

its GOTTA be a straight yay or nay this time

*please*

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
The Large One said:
I am absolutely 100% AGAINST putting up candidates in th General Election.
I agree, Brighton and Hove Labour Council and the citys MPs are right behind Falmer.
Putting one up against Baker though would be fun.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where does the lovely Norman Baker live?

I say if we get a yes, we all go and have a big party outside his house, with balloons and cake and party poppers and fireworks and EVERYTHING.

And then stick a big sign over the A27 bridge at Falmer reading

"BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION & REASONABLE PEOPLE OF SUSSEX 1 ONE-EYED WINDOW-LICKING NIMBY VILLAGERS & TREE HUGGERS 0"

Childish? Yes
Petty? Undoubtedly
But funny? Of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here