This is the most negative I have ever seen

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owlseagull

Dec 29, 2012
I think it's more the most frustrated many fans have felt.

Regardless of the results we do have the players to challenge most teams in this league, just seems it's not clicking on so many levels people are to the point of pulling their hair out.

A lot of fans are frustrated with lack of goal-threat. It just becomes a bit predictable. Poyet needs to change something.

D

Deleted member 18477

I think it's more the most frustrated many fans have felt.

Regardless of the results we do have the players to challenge most teams in this league, just seems it's not clicking on so many levels people are to the point of pulling their hair out.

This. It's frustration! We are better than what the results tell us currently!

Its also pissing me off that poyet won't try a more attacking team! With 1 defensive midfielder and 2 strikers!!

Poyet just comes across as a stubborn twat at times.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This was an issue even last season, fans are starting to think it'll never change with Poyet. The last time we won a game is now a month ago, and the performances appear to be getting WORSE, hence the frustration and venting.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Apart from i thought it would be a draw, I agree with the above, great post :thumbsup:

When you consider we are now getting the highest attendances in this division and we are a serious club we are clearly under performing, some people really do need to wake up and stop living in the past, like it or lump it, Poyet's tactics at home are killing us

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
True, but the defense was disappointing but a bit problem is that the expectations this season has skyrocketed due to Premier League talks and the amount of plastics has also increased. Get rid of these sort of fans.

That's the way, get rid of the fans that bring the income into the club. You obviously don't run a business!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Problem is we are not winning games and we're getting worse. That's relegation form, not mid table.

Last night every weakness we have was exploited by a side that played nice football at pace but weren't afraid to get stuck in. El-Abd's lack of pace was cruelly exposed, Lopez was a passenger and Crofts marginalised. Up front CMS was made to look like an uncreative plodder. Lua Lua started well then faded, proving he should be left as an impact player. The only positive was Bridcutt and yet goals 2 and 3 came from Watford running in to the huge gap between our midfield and back four, a gap Bridcutt would be plugging were he not so busy covering for those not willing to put a shift in. If we sell him in January we'll go down.

Call me negative but I've constantly got behind the team at the ground and on forums and social media. Even last month I was defending Gus to the hilt. Last night showed that staying positive is no longer enough. The wheels are coming off the Gus Bus.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I have not read one post or thread were anyone has said.....right thats it I'm never supporting BHA again........

Nor are you likely to, managers and players come and go, but fans are for life.

However, I am sure there are an increasing number of us who find an increasing list of alternative forms of entertainment, rather than make an extra effort to go to matches. I would rather watch paint dry than our current style of football! When it changes, I will be back in love with The Albion, and taking time of work etc. to get to matches.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought we'd lose 2-1 today so am not entirely downbeat. We played OK in spells but were beaten by a very good team, in Championship terms. I was impressed by how Watford combined a passing game with physicality when it was needed. A blueprint we would be wise to emulate.

My conclusion is that we're a midtable side at the moment and nowhere near a promotion challenge. Which isn't the end of the world.

Sums it up for me too. In the first half, I was actually thinking "if this is what it takes to be a top 6 side, we're very close". Nothing in it and with a reliable goal scorer we would have been in front early on. In the 2nd half, Watford showed the killer instinct that we lack sometimes - made the game look very simple with their goals but, most of all, took their chances. Buckley is a big loss for us these days as he's the best at turning defence into attack at pace. There's nothing wrong with what we're trying to achieve. Gus will sort it when he can get the right players in at the right price.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Problem is we are not winning games and we're getting worse. That's relegation form, not mid table.

Last night every weakness we have was exploited by a side that played nice football at pace but weren't afraid to get stuck in. El-Abd's lack of pace was cruelly exposed, Lopez was a passenger and Crofts marginalised. Up front CMS was made to look like an uncreative plodder. Lua Lua started well then faded, proving he should be left as an impact player. The only positive was Bridcutt and yet goals 2 and 3 came from Watford running in to the huge gap between our midfield and back four, a gap Bridcutt would be plugging were he not so busy covering for those not willing to put a shift in. If we sell him in January we'll go down.

Call me negative but I've constantly got behind the team at the ground and on forums and social media. Even last month I was defending Gus to the hilt. Last night showed that staying positive is no longer enough. The wheels are coming off the Gus Bus.

Agree with some of that... But maybe people realise now why in some games we play Bridcutt, Hammond and Crofts together? The popular solution on here seems to be that we should play 2 out and out strikers, 2 wingers, an attacking central midfielder, have the full backs bombing on and why not send the keeper up for corners too.... Building pressure requires a solid midfield base, not just chucking every available attacker forward.

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
Ok.....lets face it, last nights woeful performance wasn't a one off...the first half against Millwall was just as awful. What was more worrying for me was the lack of any ideas on how to change it up...Barnes comes on and plays in midfield.....then 2 other strikers come on and we still aren't getting the ball to them...I really feel for CMS as he needs someone alongside him and he currently doesn't stand a chance with the current system...to listen to some of the fans on the bus back to the p&r they were all wanting Gus out, and to a degree you can understand the viewpoint...after all, it does appear that we barely have a plan a let alone a plan b...but how much is down to the personnel and how much the manager?
All this all talk of a striker...don't people realise that the guys Gus has brought in since then have been nowhere near good enough...(who can forget Barndoor Billy......?). IMO I don't know what will happen...I do have a feeling that someone like Buckley or CMS will have to go to fund some incomings, but as much as I love Gus, I do think he needs to take the blinkers off and either adapt the system or the personnel...if after this time he can't see that, maybe it is time for some new thinking...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Good post from Guinness Boy. Championship is great compared with years ago but this season is getting more frustrating.

Formation,tactics and selection at home is making for poor viewing. Not a negative posting just a fair comment

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
NSC that is. We aren't in anywhere near the shit we have been in over the years yet it seems that the team has lost the support of quite a lot of NSC. It's a shame because we are not nearly as bad as people are making out.
I do understand being frustrated with the lack of goals/end product but some of the stuff on here is just ridiculous. No doubt I'll get a tirade of abuse for pointing this out but I don't care because I have decided to take a break from the negativity anyway.

It's a f***ing embarrassment, bet Palace are pissing themselves over this. I really do believe that some of our fans have a memory span of 5 games and can't remember anything else.

We were 16th with less points than we do now - so we are better than last season. We got to the play-offs from 16th too and went unbeaten in the league for a couple of months !!!

If we were 16th now, I'd understand all the negativity, but we are 10th - where we finished last year, so we really aren't that bad.

Give it til the end of January then we can see how results are and who has been bought - if nothing has improved, then look at his position.

One thing which should be noted that a lot of people are staying off NSC at the moment because of the negativity, so that would be why the moaning is more noticable.

Feb 14, 2010
A few bottom lines are starting to come to the surface. Brighton get a sell out 27,000 for Watford at home. This level of support will, whether people like it or not, drive aspiration to be playing a division higher. Gus has this transfer window and if we miss out this year, probably the summer transfer window to fulfil that expectation. If this time next year we are in a similar position then things will get a bit more uncomfortable for him I'm afraid. Gus has not at times helped himself with the "I've got great friends in the game, Oh Liverpool is there anything more we can do for you as you are almost as big as I am" PR. This attitude was just weird PR and someone should have told him that brighton have a big support who roughly couldn't give a monkeys about his past, or other clubs and he will solely be judged on what he does at Brighton. The bad PR will mean that some people will enjoy throwing that attitude back in his face should he fail. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but CMS for Murray has just not worked out and the Vicente farce has so far not helped. But Vicente might play the rest of the season and we could end up in the play offs. Yesterday was a dreadful start to the New Year but there is still time. Poyet plays the right football but his buying has, so far been suspect. Its up to Gus to prove himself, and I hope for one that he does.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Of course we have been far worse than we were yesterday. But we were treading water at Withdean, not being financed by 26,000 gates, didn't have a centre forward who cost £2.5million and were not paying the wages we are to the likes of Bridge, Bruno et al.

All about context.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Of course we have been far worse than we were yesterday. But we were treading water at Withdean, not being financed by 26,000 gates, didn't have a centre forward who cost £2.5million and were not paying the wages we are to the likes of Bridge, Bruno et al.

All about context.

We were far worse than we were yesterday for most of the past 30 years.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I always feel a little downbeat after a loss and then my mind drifts back to the days of yore when the Albion were in the old 3rd/4th and we stood at the Goldstone watching the most unadulterated shit any manager could serve up and shouted at the players I could do better and probably could

Wake up please
we are 10th in the championship apparently playing better football than we have for years and have another whole half a season to look forward to
those who don't think so please donate any unwanted ST's to those like myself who cannot afford to go to the Amex

thank-you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports