Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is the most negative I have ever seen

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
NSC that is. We aren't in anywhere near the shit we have been in over the years yet it seems that the team has lost the support of quite a lot of NSC. It's a shame because we are not nearly as bad as people are making out.
I do understand being frustrated with the lack of goals/end product but some of the stuff on here is just ridiculous. No doubt I'll get a tirade of abuse for pointing this out but I don't care because I have decided to take a break from the negativity anyway.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I did consider avoiding this place for a few days, but force of habit brought me back. :nono:

After today's performance I think we're allowed to be a bit negative...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
NSC that is. We aren't in anywhere near the shit we have been in over the years yet it seems that the team has lost the support of quite a lot of NSC. It's a shame because we are not nearly as bad as people are making out.
I do understand being frustrated with the lack of goals/end product but some of the stuff on here is just ridiculous. No doubt I'll get a tirade of abuse for pointing this out but I don't care because I have decided to take a break from the negativity anyway.

Yep, I reckon I'll take a break from the ott negativism on here for a couple of days as well.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think it's more the most frustrated many fans have felt.

Regardless of the results we do have the players to challenge most teams in this league, just seems it's not clicking on so many levels people are to the point of pulling their hair out.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I thought we'd lose 2-1 today so am not entirely downbeat. We played OK in spells but were beaten by a very good team, in Championship terms. I was impressed by how Watford combined a passing game with physicality when it was needed. A blueprint we would be wise to emulate.

My conclusion is that we're a midtable side at the moment and nowhere near a promotion challenge. Which isn't the end of the world.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I thought we'd lose 2-1 today so am not entirely downbeat. We played OK in spells but were beaten by a very good team, in Championship terms. I was impressed by how Watford combined a passing game with physicality when it was needed. A blueprint we would be wise to emulate.

My conclusion is that we're a midtable side at the moment and nowhere near a promotion challenge. Which isn't the end of the world.

Apart from i thought it would be a draw, I agree with the above, great post :thumbsup:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

My god, a rational and level headed post. APPARENTLY you aught to be ashamed of yourself.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Its been a shit season all round IMO. Atmosphere crap, failed to put teams to bed all season. Apart from Bristol City I honestly cannot remember the last home victory I witnessed prior to that. I've only missed Notts Forest so that's saying something.

I'm sorry but we should be putting teams like watford to bed.

Queue the Gus and the players can't do anything wrong bin fest...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think today is a bit of a culmination of the frustration of seeing so many draws interspersed with the Palace defeat. A win would have meant 6th spot, a defeat means we're 10th - where we finished last season. A lot of us believed in Gus, this team and were optimistic about the likes of Hammond, Crofts, Dobbie, Lopez. It's not happening.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

A big fat This! To this post. Absolutely spot on. I really despair at some of the so called support on this forum, I really do.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have always been POYET In other than Gus OUT except when we lost 3-1 v palace

But GUs can f*** off after the shit he served up today

GUS OUT

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I kind of wander how many of these whining fucks actually watch Brighton play? They type a good keyboard but do they actually go and watch. For what it is worth, we were abject today, full of no ideas and really rather depressing. We are in relegation form and although we won't go down we need some direction. It ain't happening right now. Best of luck Buckers, proves we're still undervaluing our finest assets.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I kind of wander how many of these whining fucks actually watch Brighton play? They type a good keyboard but do they actually go and watch. For what it is worth, we were abject today, full of no ideas and really rather depressing. We are in relegation form and although we won't go down we need some direction. It ain't happening right now. Best of luck Buckers, proves we're still undervaluing our finest assets.

Some people play too much football manager and follow too much premier league. I would rather have a team based on patience with a long term plan than sack managers and replace them with others who are similar or worse. Like forest or Blackburn.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Some people play too much football manager and follow too much premier league. I would rather have a team based on patience with a long term plan than sack managers and replace them with others who are similar or worse. Like forest or Blackburn.

I seriously hope you don't think I'm in the 'football manager' bracket. If you do you haven't read my previous posts regarding the manager. But if we aren't going to improve, then we are entitled to ask why. Agreed?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I seriously hope you don't think I'm in the 'football manager' bracket. If you do you haven't read my previous posts regarding the manager. But if we aren't going to improve, then we are entitled to ask why. Agreed?

Of course we can improve. Just look at the positioning of the defenders for their third goal. While it takes skill to execute, it doesn't take that much to figure out what kind of pass would split that defence. All of this stuff is very doable from the training pitch. It just takes work rather than the easy 'solution' of dipping into the transfer market for a new defender or sacking the manager.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Not putting you in that bracket. I agree that if things aren't going to improve we need to do something.

What I am suggesting is that aseason and a half in the Championship is not enough time for the kind of project we are undertaking. Everyone is frustrated with what is happening but premiership quality teams are not built over night. Poyet. is IMHO getting closer and closer to building a quality team and we should give him time to finish his project. I concede I do not watch us week in week out but from reading NSC and seeing games when i can it seems we are close to having a decent team.

Owlseagull

Dec 29, 2012

True, but the defense was disappointing but a bit problem is that the expectations this season has skyrocketed due to Premier League talks and the amount of plastics has also increased. Get rid of these sort of fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here