Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is NOT a dig at Crystal Palace but...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Nothing racist or homophobic (allegedly) as far as I can see here so not sure it's comparable.

Allegations over more than one incident of racist language can be easily found on the internet, but as these are only allegations, and nobody has sent a dossier of proof to Palace's chairman, lets dismiss them. So violence and sexism, but not racism, is acceptable behaviour in a Palace employee. I bet that it says different in the club's HR documents.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Danny Baker's constant digs at Palace on 5live this morning have put a big smile on my face. He is right - They are Championship bound!

I like Danny Baker as a broadcaster generally, but I think most on here would agree that attempting to ridicule your rivals when they are outperforming your own club embarrassingly makes one look somewhat ridiculous

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Those who don't claim the higher ground need not refute claims of hypocrisy, especially in response to tittle tattle.

Or you could have written:

"No, I can't defend Pardew's despicable behaviour. I was merely following the usual actions of a football fan, by pretending that my club don't ever do anything wrong and, if questioned, throwing accusations at rivals to create a smokescreen."

It is possible to say "Although I will continue to support the club, I am disappointed that they have employed somebody with such a history of poor behaviour and would hope that he is very closely line managed," or even "I don't care about morality as long as we win more football matches."

Why not go against the grain and give an honest opinion about your own club which does not involve any attack on Brighton, its fans or your perceptions of the posters on this board?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Or you could have written:

"No, I can't defend Pardew's despicable behaviour. I was merely following the usual actions of a football fan, by pretending that my club don't ever do anything wrong and, if questioned, throwing accusations at rivals to create a smokescreen."

It is possible to say "Although I will continue to support the club, I am disappointed that they have employed somebody with such a history of poor behaviour and would hope that he is very closely line managed," or even "I don't care about morality as long as we win more football matches."

Why not go against the grain and give an honest opinion about your own club which does not involve any attack on Brighton, its fans or your perceptions of the posters on this board?

You want me to write what you want to say?

Dec 3, 2012
Allegations over more than one incident of racist language can be easily found on the internet, but as these are only allegations, and nobody has sent a dossier of proof to Palace's chairman, lets dismiss them. So violence and sexism, but not racism, is acceptable behaviour in a Palace employee. I bet that it says different in the club's HR documents.

Yeah let's dismiss the stuff that you've brought up without any evidence. Good idea.

The butt is something that if he repeated at Palace he'd have to go. The comments re Essien are pretty disgraceful as well in my opinion. It's a turn of phrase that was fairly common at the time in footballing circles but nevertheless unacceptable.

I'm not sure about Pardew. As he said after the butting incident, he will have to change. Hope he has.

Is these incidents comparible withe the alleged content if the texts? Not sure they are.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
This is a dig at Crystal Palace.

Why has the club that took such a public high moral stance against appointing Malky Mackay not been troubled about appointing a manager responsible for things like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToAah0ME4bY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EhLp-cnvsA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckLWl-MxAU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-B0HwOkkH4

I feel slightly unwell after watching that. What a shining role model he is. SUCH a complete front bottom.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Even more bizarre that BHAFC, the club oft-sanctimoniously lauded by its fans as being some sort of 'class above', stood by negrito hating Suarez sympathiser Gus, only pulling the trigger on him via trumped up 'charges' when it looked like he was going to hurt try to hurt the club where it matters to them most - in the pocket.

Interesting that you should mention Suarez and Poyet. It has been theorised that this was the point at which the relationship between the club and Poyet started to sour.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yeah let's dismiss the stuff that you've brought up without any evidence. Good idea.

The butt is something that if he repeated at Palace he'd have to go. The comments re Essien are pretty disgraceful as well in my opinion. It's a turn of phrase that was fairly common at the time in footballing circles but nevertheless unacceptable.

I'm not sure about Pardew. As he said after the butting incident, he will have to change. Hope he has.

Is these incidents comparible withe the alleged content if the texts? Not sure they are.

See VHA, even someone who joined NSC as a sock puppet can be more honest about Pardew than you can.

In answer to your question HHAF Yes they are. They would be just as likely to get any of us working outside of football seriously disciplined or dismissed.

Dec 3, 2012
See VHA, even someone who joined NSC as a sock puppet can be more honest about Pardew than you can.

In answer to your question HHAF Yes they are. They would be just as likely to get any of us working outside of football seriously disciplined or dismissed.

What's a sock puppet?

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Trying to get back to my original point.....

Newcastle confirmed this morning that Pardew was now released from his contract, minutes later Palace confirm his appointment.

My original point; is there any other business that would let a potential employee full access to their business and make decisions BEFORE he was actually appointed and while he was STILL officially under contract somewhere else?

Modern Football is supposed to be a business now but really it's a joke business isn't it?!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Trying to get back to my original point.....

Newcastle confirmed this morning that Pardew was now released from his contract, minutes later Palace confirm his appointment.

My original point; is there any other business that would let a potential employee full access to their business and make decisions BEFORE he was actually appointed and while he was STILL officially under contract somewhere else?

Modern Football is supposed to be a business now but really it's a joke business isn't it?!

I'm sorry for hijacking the thread. I agree that it does seem strange, but, as Sepp continues to prove, football does not follow the rules we are used to. It is a gentleman's club which can allow any rule to be bent or broken if it is mutually convenient. I suspect that all business at the top end operates in a similar way, but that this is less noticeable because there are not 24 hour media channels and internet discussion forums providing the same levels of scrutiny.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm sorry for hijacking the thread. I agree that it does seem strange, but, as Sepp continues to prove, football does not follow the rules we are used to. It is a gentleman's club which can allow any rule to be bent or broken if it is mutually convenient. I suspect that all business at the top end operates in a similar way, but that this is less noticeable because there are not 24 hour media channels and internet discussion forums providing the same levels of scrutiny.

Correct......also a calculated risk that they were close enough to completing 'formalities' that nothing would derail it. This would happen in other businesses too (I have experienced it in Financial Services) but without the media attention.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is only one word that intrinsically links Palarse and Pardew - tinpottery :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here