Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Is England 90...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Had its moments, but the trippy scenes dragged on and on and on. Still pretty underwhelming so far.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Quick ad-break thread bounce......f@ck me this has gone up several notches tonight. Absolutely brilliant so far, almost difficult to watch.

Totally agree. For those of us that had stayed with it, tonight was top notch drama.Next weeks ( the final episode) is an extended episode.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very dark but the skeleton had to come out at some point.

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
Thought Shane Meadows had lost his way a bit with the first two being too full of overindulgent, prolonged fluff, but redeemed himself tonight. The series has got progressively hard hitting with each episode so expect next weeks to be quite harrowing. I think Milky may end up killing Combo next week. Definitely something brewing. Thought provoking scene tonight where Lol's sister expressed resentment towards her two sisters because they had been sexually abused by their father and she hadn't which made her feel unspecial and unloved rather than relieved it hadn't happened to her. I think this response is perhaps more common than we might realise. Of course it was not the abuse that she was resentful of but rather the special attention and favouritism they received that she resented that left her feeling rejected, unworthy and not good enough. Quite tragic that someone who is spared abuse can be so emotionally damaged as a consequence. Of course there is the possibility she is in denial. Something has definitely emotionally scarred her with a sense of worthlessness as we saw last week when she so passively accepted being gang raped in that caravan.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Thought Shane Meadows had lost his way a bit with the first two being too full of overindulgent, prolonged fluff, but redeemed himself tonight. The series has got progressively hard hitting with each episode so expect next weeks to be quite harrowing. I think Milky may end up killing Combo next week. Definitely something brewing. .

Think you could be right, Then the so called good guy ends up in Jail for the rest of his life missing out on his daughters upbringing.... Combo was himself damaged goods, and emotionally scarred not knowing his father that is why he beat Milky up as a result more of jealousy than racism, which played it's part don't get me wrong but he may possibly not have become racist if he had a father figure in his life. The young Shaun nearly fell for it, however Woody became more of that father figure he was looking for. There is so much depth to all of this is England that I can relate too. I appreciate not everyone can, but I think you have to at least known people like this when you were younger or had similarities in your own life to really appreciate it...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Watching it a bit behind the start, wedding plans went well :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is it pay back time from Milky, an eye for an eye

Deserved it

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
One of very few TV (and it IS written drama) series to bring the lot....ups, downs, happy and sad.

Personally I think the whole lot has been GREAT.

Leave it there, please don't be pressured into dragging another '96 out.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here