Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This heatwave

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Message over the tannoy this morning as I was waiting for my train:

"Passengers are advised to take a bottle of water with them on their journey. If you feel unwell, you are recommended to disembark at the next available station and seek assistance".

With this heat, I just don't know how we'd all COPE in this country without someone to tell us how to wipe our collective arses. Thank you Southern.

Thank you for everything.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I’m particularly enjoying the much smaller tea rounds at work at present, as fewer of my colleagues are deciding to partake in a steaming hot mug of PG Tips.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
I'm not boasting (the opposite) but where I live we have about 7 months of 30c with 3 of those months of 40c. It's nice for the first couple of weeks but soon turns into a nightmare. Trust me!

I’m particularly enjoying the much smaller tea rounds at work at present, as fewer of my colleagues are deciding to partake in a steaming hot mug of PG Tips.

But tea cools you down? Some research suggests so and some not, but many in India say so. Even if it does not, besides, drinking tea is very good with ginger biscuits. Can't go wrong with them :)

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Everyone's going on about their countries etc, but we are just not used to this. So we are allowed to get just a little over excited. Geez.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Are you homeless?

33moeoy.gif

D

Deleted member 18477

Cannot start the day without a nice cuppa. Well I suppose I can... I just don't want to... Ever!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
how long does it take you to get to the beach from Phoenix???

:wozza:

My post was an attempt at a little light-hearted commentary on a few of the heat-related threads that have appeared on NSC in recent days. I was unaware that I was mocking the dead, belittling Sussex, being childish, or being boring**.

Perhaps my humour, like the Arizona heat, is a little too dry for some.

**Okay, I'll happily accept that ALL my posts might be considered boring.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Message over the tannoy this morning as I was waiting for my train:

"Passengers are advised to take a bottle of water with them on their journey. If you feel unwell, you are recommended to disembark at the next available station and seek assistance".

That's presumably in anticipation of the train breaking down due to the apocalyptic conditions, and you being stuck on it with non-opening windows for three hours.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
It has, in 1976.
Three months ( unbroken ) of weather like this...the whole of June...the whole of July....and the whole of August.
Now thats what I call a decent spell of weather.

That was indeed a summer:)

D

Deleted member 18477

That's presumably in anticipation of the train breaking down due to the apocalyptic conditions, and you being stuck on it with non-opening windows for three hours.

Those trains are lovely though when they work and the air con is on... I say lovely... I mean just better than no air con.

But yes if they break down... It would be sweaty in them carriages!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here