Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This club is pissing me off with its ticket policy.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
stupid prices

With Moulescoomb on the doorstep you do wonder how many of our working class fan base have been priced out of the club already. If we do reach the Premiership it'll be just Hove Born and Bred, Dick Knight, Fat Boy Slim and Tony Bloom who will be able to afford to watch the action - Rumours that the 31k Amex can be converted into a four seater stadium for just this eventuality, with one of the above sitting on their own in each respective stand, are said to have some substance.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
With Moulescoomb on the doorstep you do wonder how many of our working class fan base have been priced out of the club already. If we do reach the Premiership it'll be just Hove Born and Bred, Dick Knight, Fat Boy Slim and Tony Bloom who will be able to afford to watch the action - Rumours that the 31k Amex can be converted into a four seater stadium for just this eventuality, with one of the above sitting on their own in each respective stand, are said to have some substance.

While we continue to sell out the pricing is not a problem. When there are thousands of empty seats it becomes one. I understand the 'pricing-out' problem, but football clubs don't care who sits in the seat, buys the pies and brings the money in. It's also something you can't police from a business point of view, without terracing.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
This club will get to the premiership.
It will put up prices.
It will piss off its fans.
It will be sold to some overseas toyseekers.
It will lose its soul.
This is the price we will have to pay for "progress". Enjoy what we currently have.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
While we continue to sell out the pricing is not a problem. When there are thousands of empty seats it becomes one. I understand the 'pricing-out' problem, but football clubs don't care who sits in the seat, buys the pies and brings the money in. It's also something you can't police from a business point of view, without terracing.

It's probably a naive hope that our particular football club could eschew the typical business model and retain some of its soul.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Looking at the few hundred remaining available seats in the South and East it's a shame the club can't do some kind of 'price crash' deal with a few hours to go - £20 all remaining seats - rather than losing a few grand in revenue. Appreciate there are various issues with this, but the demand is there, it's the price that is putting people off.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Looking at the few hundred remaining available seats in the South and East it's a shame the club can't do some kind of 'price crash' deal with a few hours to go - £20 all remaining seats - rather than losing a few grand in revenue. Appreciate there are various issues with this, but the demand is there, it's the price that is putting people off.

NOWHERE sensible does that. Why would anyone buy in advance if you can get tickets for £20 on the day?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
NOWHERE sensible does that. Why would anyone buy in advance if you can get tickets for £20 on the day?

As I said, there are various issues, but there is a gamble involved in waiting until the last minute to get a ticket, which would put many people off for fear of losing out, or none being available, and it could be done on a sliding price scale - £25 with four hours to go, £20 with three hours to go etc. Not saying it would work but something could be done to fill those seats.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's obvious what has happened here, the organ grinder isn't communicating with the monkey.

Someone probably told the doris on the phoneline that they weren't releasing any more. Someone else then decided to release more. More get released and it makes the original person doing telephone sales look silly, when in reality they are just manning a phone telling other people what they've been told.

It's just bad communication and bad management.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It will put up prices.
It will lose its soul.
This is the price we will have to pay for "progress". Enjoy what we currently have.

Shit, better not win this afternoon then. Would you kill the teenage Hitler?

It will put up prices.
It will lose its soul.

I fully expect you to get shot to bits for this 'outragous' comment, however if I was to bump into you this afternoon i'd shake your hand and buy you a beer

abc

Jan 6, 2007
It will put up prices.
It will lose its soul.

So true but is it inevitable or could we, the fans and paying customers, do something a bit different to make the end result just a little more positive? If you think how much fan power has achieved for the Albion over the past 15 years, I would suggest anything is possible. Working with the club now to achieve 'success with soul' is better than moaning about it in a few years time when it's too late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here