Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This bloke had a go at me last night

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wouldn't normally start a thread like this, but last night was the worst I had ever experienced.

Down in the south west corner, there was a man who, for the whole game, was tutting whenever I commented on how we were playing.

All I said was "Not quick enough passing.", "Playing poorly." ect. I was trying to give constructive feedback as I manage my grandsons team so have a bit of knowledge.

At 2-0 up I felt we needed to make sure we played sensibly while also needing a 3rd goal. I was getting into a bit of a panic about our messing around at the back.

It got to the 90th minute and when the 3 minutes came up I jokingly said "Come on ref, put us out of our misery." Then the guy behind me confronted me about it

"Well I want to be entertained" I replied with. I informed him I'd been coming to games since 1969 and personally enjoyed the Athens game more.

My mind boggles. Anyone else has to suffer the awful, turgid people like this?
You have grandkids! For feck sake I am old. I remember you when you used to post here when you were a kid!!!!

SteveU

May 31, 2022
A thread about a slight disagreement. You’re both allowed your opinions.

You seriously thought this was worthy of a thread is laughable.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
I wouldn't normally start a thread like this, but last night was the worst I had ever experienced.

Down in the south west corner, there was a man who, for the whole game, was tutting whenever I commented on how we were playing.

All I said was "Not quick enough passing.", "Playing poorly." ect. I was trying to give constructive feedback as I manage my grandsons team so have a bit of knowledge.

At 2-0 up I felt we needed to make sure we played sensibly while also needing a 3rd goal. I was getting into a bit of a panic about our messing around at the back.

It got to the 90th minute and when the 3 minutes came up I jokingly said "Come on ref, put us out of our misery." Then the guy behind me confronted me about it

"Well I want to be entertained" I replied with. I informed him I'd been coming to games since 1969 and personally enjoyed the Athens game more.

Was it this guy?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 34

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

He sounds like one of those who occasionally went to big games at the Goldstone and rekindled when the Amex was built. There Is no way this fella sat through the dross at Priestfield or Withdean and still rocked up for more the following week. You should of nutted the winey old f*** 🤣

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
He sounds like one of those who occasionally went to big games at the Goldstone and rekindled when the Amex was built. There Is no way this fella sat through the dross at Priestfield or Withdean and still rocked up for more the following week. You should of nutted the winey old f*** 🤣
Did you post this with tongue firmly in cheek, or have you been "whooshed " by the original post?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be honest, my old man, RIP, was exactly like the character invented by the OP. We were never good enough. That's why we would travel together to games in the 70s, but watch from different parts of the ground. I could see him from where I was, up on the East terrace in his red bobble hat, tutting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here