Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This bloke had a go at me last night

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I wouldn't normally start a thread like this, but last night was the worst I had ever experienced.

Down in the south west corner, there was a man who, for the whole game, was tutting whenever I commented on how we were playing.

All I said was "Not quick enough passing.", "Playing poorly." ect. I was trying to give constructive feedback as I manage my grandsons team so have a bit of knowledge.

At 2-0 up I felt we needed to make sure we played sensibly while also needing a 3rd goal. I was getting into a bit of a panic about our messing around at the back.

It got to the 90th minute and when the 3 minutes came up I jokingly said "Come on ref, put us out of our misery." Then the guy behind me confronted me about it

"Well I want to be entertained" I replied with. I informed him I'd been coming to games since 1969 and personally enjoyed the Athens game more.

My mind boggles. Anyone else has to suffer the awful, turgid people like this?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Depends how loud, negative & consistent the comments were. We all chat and comment on the game. But a constant string of negative comments said loudly enough I could hear every word would certainly make me internally think ‘will you please be quiet!?’. Guess it sent this guy over the edge 😆

Edit… just read the other thread. 😂

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Surely this is a wind up. We were great last night and a nice steady improvement from Saturday. If anyone thinks the Albion can just turn on and off their performances like a tap then they need to give their heads a wobble. We can play better, yes, but after a tough month I felt it was more positive improvement and hopefully we can get even better for Fulham. We are not Man City.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I wouldn't normally start a thread like this, but last night was the worst I had ever experienced.

Down in the south west corner, there was a man who, for the whole game, was tutting whenever I commented on how we were playing.

All I said was "Not quick enough passing.", "Playing poorly." ect. I was trying to give constructive feedback as I manage my grandsons team so have a bit of knowledge.

At 2-0 up I felt we needed to make sure we played sensibly while also needing a 3rd goal. I was getting into a bit of a panic about our messing around at the back.

It got to the 90th minute and when the 3 minutes came up I jokingly said "Come on ref, put us out of our misery." Then the guy behind me confronted me about it

"Well I want to be entertained" I replied with. I informed him I'd been coming to games since 1969 and personally enjoyed the Athens game more.

Should've offered him out.....

For a full English down the Cliftonville!

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023

Deleted

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Excellent effort - but shouldn't there be some random upper-case letters scattered around?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Were you sitting in the directors box ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Phew I thought the OP was the guy who I asked to move after arriving to find he was in my seat ..I thought I was quite polite 🤔
‘Op it you caaaaant’ is polite in my book 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here