Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Barca way of playing

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I kinda agree, but playing a winger instead of Slopez would (a) make us a much bigger threat going forward, and (b) we might actually see said winger push the opposing full-back back, tackle an opponent, or win a 50/50 challenge, rather than bottling every challenge, i.e. we would be better defensively too.

I'd like to see a pacy winger more often too. One problem we have on that score is both of our best players that fit the bill struggle to be effective for 90 minutes.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think that you are missing the fact that we were down to ten men for 38 minutes.

Out of the extra 20 shots how many were in those 38 minutes?

How many of those shots were from 20+yds?

If Reading had gone down to ten men and not us, I would hope for 20+ shots for the last 38 minutes, wouldn't you?

I think you're missing the very first sentence of my initial post. Even when we had 11 men on the pitch we posed very little threat to Reading, we only got on the score sheet because of a moment of absolute madness from their keeper.

Also worth mentioning that usually a team that persistently shoots from 20yds is more likely to score than a team that doesn't shoot at all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think you're missing the very first sentence of my initial post. Even when we had 11 men on the pitch we posed very little threat to Reading, we only got on the score sheet because of a moment of absolute madness from their keeper.

Also worth mentioning that usually a team that persistently shoots from 20yds is more likely to score than a team that doesn't shoot at all.

That "moment of madness" was completely caused by our attacking play though. And we were utterly in control of the game until the red. Reading didn't look like they wanted to be there until that moment.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That "moment of madness" was completely caused by our attacking play though. And we were utterly in control of the game until the red. Reading didn't look like they wanted to be there until that moment.
This is to be expected I'm sure, but I completely disagree. Their centre back was under no pressure whatsoever from our attack, he placed the header perfectly, there was absolutely no need for McCarthy to come come rushing out. Reading looked more willing than us all afternoon and far more dangerous, especially down the wings. We produced another very lacklustre display and to claim our goal came because they were under pressure is simply trying claim a moment of quality in another inept performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here