Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Barca way of playing

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Time to scrap? In league one we played great passing football with Murray and Barnes upfront and it worked perfectly.

We are not scoring enough goals with this formation. We are wasting time signing Rodriguez and Lingard if we aren't going to play to their strengths, it's no good putting them out on the wing when they're more likely to be more effective partnering Ulloa.

New formation I say, but it won't happen with Oscar.

If you have watched Barca recently , you will se that we do not even come close to copying them, they play constant one touch football, cannot remember seeing any of them run at players with the ball, as soon as the receive the ball it is passed to another player, just like a pin ball machine, personally I find it boring. I would rather watch the Albion any day.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We could if the wingers he had were good enough and fit enough and neither Buckley or Lua Lua are both. March is the nearest to achieving that

I disagree BG. March clearly IS good enough. Further, IF Buckley and Kaz really can only play 45 mins each (I doubt it), THEN they should do so. Watching SLopez fail to make any impact and duck tackles yet again against Reading is totally ridiculous, and JFC was pretty ineffective too. We should have played AT LEAST one of our wingers FROM THE START. We WOULD have gained the initiative and beaten a VERY average Reading side. Instead we let them run the game (and got lucky with the OG).

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
since when do the Barca back 4 constantly fanny around passing between themselves before the captain overhits a long ball out of play?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have posted elsewhere I think March is good enough and fit enough unlike Lua Lua who I dont think is good enough or consistent enough to start. I think that Buckley coming back from his run of hamstring injuries is not 100% and best not pushed to the limit yet

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You may have a point if we weren't creating many chances each game, but we are. Against Wigan we had over 20 efforts on goal, and 5 or 6 clear cut chances we should have scored from. Formation and style is fine, work is needed to be more clinical in front of goal that's all.

It would help if we could get shots on target. There have been two or three games now where we haven't had a single shot on target.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
We play nothing like Barca and it's pure fantasy to believe we do.

Our midfield unit does not get into the final third enough or quickly enough to create enough genuine opportunities to score.

In fact even less than under Poyet which is why we are where we are.

To get up playing the way we do we are going to have to shell out lots of dosh to bring in the mobile clinical footballers it needs. But that does not look likely does it?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Seriously how do we play like Barcelona? We play very different to how we used to under Poyet now, we have more variety now and often play the direct ball, that's obvious from how many balls Upson attempted to play either out wide or up to Ulloa on Saturday. People seem to think we play the Barcelona way but I really don't see it at all, the only thing similar is under Oscar we pressure the opposition a lot more in a similar way to them but other than that I don't see the similarities between us and Barcelona's style.

We just need to be more clinical, we create bucket fulls of chances often in home games so that really isn't the problem IMO but we have a problem with the final ball (awful crosses & pull backs) and often finishing.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We are creating a number of chances just need to take more of them. Ulloa, Buckley and March all had good chances on Saturday that they missed had they scored people would be raving about beating a team like Reading 4 - 1

And if Kusczcak hasn't have made a few very smart saves and Reading hadn't have been so wasteful we'd be talking about Brighton getting absolutely tonked at home.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
:lolol: Really? We hit the target once in 90 minutes, other than Buckley creating himself a chance on his left foot we offers sod all.

This, although we had the ball for periods - we did sod all with it except with Buckleys shot. Draw was the best outcome for us on Saturday.

Suffice to say we really need to step up tomorrow. The style of play isnt the issue, its the inability to cross the ball accurately and the inability to finish.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What about the Ulloa chance that he screwed wide and the March chance on his left foot that went out for a corner apart from the resulting corner hitting the post.

I wouldnt argue that we are let down by our final ball into the box and our finishing.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
This, although we had the ball for periods - we did sod all with it except with Buckleys shot. Draw was the best outcome for us on Saturday.

Suffice to say we really need to step up tomorrow. The style of play isnt the issue, its the inability to cross the ball accurately and the inability to finish.

The style of play is the issue. We don't have the squad to make it work.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What about the Ulloa chance that he screwed wide and the March chance on his left foot that went out for a corner apart from the resulting corner hitting the post.
That's 2 shots, which combined with Buckley's 2 gives us a whopping 4 efforts. Unless we have Zlatan playing for us we simply will not win by creating so few chances. Realistically how many goals would you expect us to score having created 4 half chances?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
since when do the Barca back 4 constantly fanny around passing between themselves before the captain overhits a long ball out of play?
I don't agree with the sentiment but you made me laugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here