Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THIRTY-ONE years ago today

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The most crowded I'd ever experienced at a ground, pretty dangerous if you think of it now but great then.

Was drinking at Victoria
before the game, marvelous scenes and the picture on the railway bell thread was after the semi-final and not, as the Argus often claim, after the final.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I went with my dad travelling the usual mind numbing train ride from Bexhill to Victoria, better when we got to London and excelled when at Highbury, especially seeing the score displayed with us winning.
Went to the final, but I was caught juggling light bulbs in the first class carriage on the train home.
Caught with my mates by a couple of coppers who used to work with my dad, who used to police the football train, Eastbourne to Hove on match day
Banned from going to the replay :shootself

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
The feeling at the end when I knew we were going to the Cup Final, in the days when the Cup Final was The football event of the year bar none!

This. Can remember running through the tunnel under the clock end at the end of the game, just out of sheer excitement. Still reckon I was the first one to jump and shout when Jimmy's shot went in.

Fulking Seagull

Mar 31, 2013
Fulking
Days like that are what the average football fan experiences if they are likely maybe 2 or 3 times in a lifetime. Could it be we have another one around the corner...?? Come on you blues....

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I was ten and all I remember was some guy behind me lifting me up in the air when our second goal went in and the crowd surging forward. Was amazing being a brighton fan on that day- such a great atmosphere. Much better than the final.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Went with my parents and 3 friends. Can still see Case 's shot hitting the net. The tunnel under the clock end when we exited was so packed, you literally just swayed with the hordes to get out.

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Coach trip up from The Exchange in Livingstone Road when it was a proper boozer run by the obdurate Scot, Ian Macdonald. We were relative boys amongst men but all pissed as *******s which fuelled the euphoria of the Case goal that I can remember as if it was yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here