Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THIRTY-ONE years ago today

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'd probably just been conceived, not something I want to give too much thought to.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
That Case goal. I decided pre kick that I would just stand and milk in the excitement. I did just that. Whilst everyone around me was going mental I stood and watched. Probably remember it more for that than any other goal.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
And just a single day after Bowie's "Let's Dance" album was released. What an amazing coincidence. :rave:

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Agree with everything said above. I think every one of us on the Clock End thought Case's shot was coming towards us !
Anybody remember the Met Policeman's rendition of SBTS accompanied by their brass band before the KO ?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I remember getting into the clock end and it was extremely hot, completely rammed and as a tiny 15 year old it was rather suffocating. A woman fainted next to me so me and a mate decided to go to the back where we jumped up on the wall and had a perfect view of the whole game. Great day, maybe not for the woman though!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I remember Newcastle away '79 as the greatest awayday with the Albion, but this one was pretty damned close!

I just love seeing Jimmy Case's goal before every match at the Amex. Brings back fantastic memories of that moment.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'd probably just been conceived, not something I want to give too much thought to.

Did that also happen Highbury? Hats off. Literally.

We were standing on the side, about in line with where Case shot from: incredible. RIP Tony Grealish.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
A Marvelous Day as a 10 year old, the trip up in a convoy of double Decker buses. the roar when Case scored, the number of balloons, the copper that helped me over the advertising boards so I could run onto the pitch.....great day

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cant remember much apart from Moseleys save which i still reckon is the best ive ever seen in person , and going back to the datsun cherry to find the back window screen had been caved in , didnt matter just easier to hang out the back and twirl the scarves as we passed the never ending stream of coaches on the way back to brighton , never had lime in my lager since that day .

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The greatest BHAFC day in my life, it was amazing.

I second that, behind that goal as a snip of lad just turned 15 and hammered off my tits, seeing Albion win and ending up at a party back in Crowborough and shagging two different 23 year olds at the same time ha ha ha !!
The hostesses sister and her mate GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE BY FAR !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here