Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Third Test- India v England- Venue: Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad 24-28.02.2021

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
It's amazing how the difficult pitch plays complete havoc with batsmen's minds. All of England's wickets so far have been from appalling shots rather than particularly difficult balls.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The other worrying thing about Bairstow is how often he's being clean-bowled. Any batsman can nick a good ball every so often, but to keep being dismissed with your stumps rattled suggests his defensive technique is abysmal, which is a major issue in test cricket.

Definitely - has to be a flaw in his technique somewhere for this to happen so regularly - seems to leave a bat/pad gaping hole. Bigger issue is his brain at the moment though - just not thinking straight.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
It’s so strange that half the time the ball doesn’t turn at all and other times it turns like a right angle, wonder if it’s that pink ball effect? Swann was saying yesterday the seam of the ball protrudes a fair bit more than the normal ball?

It's a mix of natural variation, and the bowler deliberately varying the angle of the ball in their hand to prevent it spinning. On a turning pitch it's much harder to face than the sort of deliberate variation produced by a legspinner's googly.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
It's amazing how the difficult pitch plays complete havoc with batsmen's minds. All of England's wickets so far have been from appalling shots rather than particularly difficult balls.

They know they have to score. If they bat time, then one balls has got your name on it sooner rather than later.

We have got to put the pitch into context through. It is in its 5th session and half the balls are ragging square. That shouldn't be considered acceptable for Test cricket.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think that's out- but can he be sure ?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Marginal decision goes in our favour. I must say I’m surprised he reversed that, i thought with the on field decision of out he’d have gone with the umpires decision.

Indian commentator claiming he’s very very lucky, of course. :rolleyes:

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
They know they have to score. If they bat time, then one balls has got your name on it sooner rather than later.

We have got to put the pitch into context through. It is in its 5th session and half the balls are ragging square. That shouldn't be considered acceptable for Test cricket.

The thing I find interesting is that if these England batsmen were facing similarly difficult swing/seam conditions, it wouldn't scramble their brains in the same way. They might still get all out for bugger all though.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Swanny is having to be very diplomatic with these Indian commentators.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
The thing I find interesting is that if these England batsmen were facing similarly difficult swing/seam conditions, it wouldn't scramble their brains in the same way. They might still get all out for bugger all though.

I think it might to be honest, see our first innings against Ireland a few years back. Some awful decision making!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here