[Cricket] Third Test- India v England- Venue: Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad 24-28.02.2021

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
An Indian colleague in my office has just messaged me "someone is making a lot of money on this test" :whistle:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
An Indian colleague in my office has just messaged me "someone is making a lot of money on this test" :whistle:

Not the 150000 refunds they need to give back for days three, four and five.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England have to play this like a 50 over match. Keep attacking and turning the strike. There is no 'plenty of time' when so many deliveries have your name on. Gavaskar was one of my favourite ever batsman, but sometimes his analysis is woefully Indo-centric.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Clearly this is a tough surface as the Indian players have also struggled but when will England players learn that you either have to get right forward or give yourself time and get right back and play it late. Probably never.

Failing that, so many wickets have fallen to LBW why not take a wider guard and take it out the equation?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I only went to make a coffee and we're 2 down. Is it really that much of a minefield?

Depends on your opinion on having a massive slog sweep at your first ball when you are number 3 and the score is 0-1, getting away with it on review and then getting bowled through a gate the size of the ones at Buckingham Palace on your second ball.

But, yes, Bairstow aside, this is another shit, snide pitch.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's all fun and games until you remember England will be three down by the time they make the 13 runs to close the deficit (if they bowled them out for no more)

*Taps the post*

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good decision. It's rubbish what people are saying about the umpires and bias. They are just not that great. Although I'm not sure how many are actually panel because of Covid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports