Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Third Test- India v England- Venue: Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad 24-28.02.2021

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If this lasts beyond a couple of days you'll not see the bowler as he will be in a bunker

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The thing India always have is pressure, always pressure to perform as there are about 5, 000,000 active Cricket players in India. Probably all of them would grab an opportunity to play even once for their country if they could.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You only need one angle for stumping - it's pretty straightforward, is the foot behind the line or not? It doesn't need multiple views, we only get one view for run outs too

I'm not sure that was actually as clear cut as to look at it that briefly. In fact, having rewound it, I think it's out.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
cricinfo

I thought the stumping looked like a tricky call. I can see why it was given not out - it definitely looked like Rohit's foot was down - but it seemed to be further down a frame or two later. I think England's frustration is about the fact only one angle was consulted, and the decision was made fairly quickly. But Root's remonstrations with the on-field umpires have not been a great look

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I'm not sure that was actually as clear cut as to look at it that briefly.

It's 2 questions, is the foot behind the line and is it properly grounded. You are dead right, and we've still not seen it again, but Rohit raised his foot to put it behind the line. Wasn't entirely clear it was grounded at all, again a foreshortened view like for a catch needs a couple of viewings to be sure.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm not sure that was actually as clear cut as to look at it that briefly. In fact, having rewound it, I think it's out.

It absolutely was. The replay was frozen at the instant that the wicket was broken and his foot was clearly behind the line. That was a pretty uncontentious decision.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Third umpire makes the decision by having the shot frozen when the bails are broken, but the foot goes further down a frame later. Should have looked again. Disgracefully quick decision not using all of the technology.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You only need one angle for stumping - it's pretty straightforward, is the foot behind the line or not? It doesn't need multiple views, we only get one view for run outs too

Blimey you're worse than listening to Walton trying explain decisions. If that was the other way round they'd look at every possible angle to get it out

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It absolutely was. The replay was frozen at the instant that the wicket was broken and his foot was clearly behind the line. That was a pretty uncontentious decision.

Behind the line and grounded? His foot leaves the ground

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Unfortunately your certainty is the same as the 3rd umpire and a product of not understanding the optics and the 2 dimensional view of a 3 dimensional event. I'd love to see it again, played frame by frame because I'm with [MENTION=13]CHAPPERS[/MENTION], a frame on and his foot lowers - it couldn't lower if it was already grounded could it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Surprised the third umpire didn't give it Not Out for Kohli as the big inside edge meant it couldn't be LBW

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here