Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Think we looked quality today

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
oh does that make our finishing acceptable then...........

? Did you see Barnes' volley? Greer's header? Barnes' effort just in front of goal? On another day any of those would go in, and you couldn't ask for better finishes. If you want, you can have a go at Ward & Calde for their errant finishing, but they're fullbacks.. We took the game to Reading today and deserved a win. We controlled possession, created clear cut chances and took most of those chances well. That's all you can do. If a defender makes a great block or the keeper makes a great save, then that's football.

I see nothing negative from today's performance, other than Ulloa's red card.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Not only was their goalkeeper MOTM, they have just been showing the quality of his saves and talking about him as a future England keeper. I think that says our finishing was pretty good..... although obviously not quite good enough.

The only person who said he might be a future England keeper was Roberts. Yh I believe him........

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Barnes was excellent when he came on. Jake had a solid game too. Good point.

Feb 14, 2010
Reading keeper MOM, if you can find negatives in that performance then you are one demanding mother ****er :wink:

Not really, but Brighton have been all fur coat but no knickers for a couple of seasons. Time the staff decided they have not played well until the actually start scoring goals and taking chances

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Not really, but Brighton have been all fur coat but no knickers for a couple of seasons. Time the staff decided they have not played well until the actually start scoring goals and taking chances

Unknown.jpeg

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
The only person who said he might be a future England keeper was Roberts. Yh I believe him........

The Sky Sports reporter interviewing him brought up the fact that he has been involved with the England international teams in the past?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What does Yh mean?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Considering our injuries, that was an excellent point and we should have won it. Ward was superb in defence and my Albion Mom

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Really excellent performance.

Before the game I would have taken a point but we deserved all three. We seem to be improving as the season goes on and individually all of the players are getting better except maybe Lopez. Crofts is a different player to last season and Lua Lua was immense today.

Im massively encouraged and looking forward to the rest of the season.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The Sky Sports reporter interviewing him brought up the fact that he has been involved with the England international teams in the past?

the sky sports interviewer..... he must be in the know about future England players. did he say that when Peterborough scored 6 past him

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Looking at that performance you can see when Bridders and Orlandi are fit to return alongside Andrews and Crofts (with Lopez, Kemy, Ince and JFC to choose from) then our midfield will be even tighter and sharper.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
the sky sports interviewer..... he must be in the know about future England players. did he say that when Peterborough scored 6 past him

McCarthy is a quality keeper. He has been involved in England squads and last season according to a lot of experts he produced one of the finest goalkeeping performances in the premier league ever against Liverpool. He's regularly linked with top clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here