Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you've had to endure for the other half.....

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Endless episodes of Come Dine With Me!!!!!!

Which is why I am on here

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Her mum!

What's worse is she's now morphing into her mother

Ah yes, the Mother-in-Law....... My M-I-L (RIP, bless her) had her moments but fortunately she was 'Ok'. Certainly not in the traditional Les Dawson view of M-I-Ls.

Most importantly my other half shows no signs of morphing into a clone of her Mother. However I will be taking one for the team this weekend by attending a beam back from an Andre Rieu gig...:eek: Not exactly my cup of tea but important to get a few house points in the bank before the new footie season starts. Hopefully there will be a well stocked bar and she won't notice me plugged into my i-pod :whistle:

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
My Mother in law..... if youv'e met her you would understand.....

see its already been done but mine is expects to know exactly what we are doing and what the kids are doing so i refuse to tell her just to p*ss her off.
also once made the mistake during an argument of telling my wife she was becoming like her mother... luckily i cook or else i would have had no dinner for a month....

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Genuine question, for all those putting up with shite TV that the OH wants to watch, does she insist you watch with her, or can you not be arsed to just get up and do something else in another room or go to the pub ?

I've tried putting on headphones and listening to music. I get waved at, so pause music, remove headphones and say "what's up". she says something like "look at that wallpaper, my nan had wallpaper like that".
About every 5 minutes.

I honestly think I'd be happier if I lived in a shed on my own

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
Family gatherings,

I can't be assed, I honestly thought that when I reached the ripe old age of 36 I could do whatever the hell I wanted, when I wanted to do it, BUT OH NO IT'S UNCLE MALARKY'S 54th BIRTHAY AND COUSIN BUTTMUNCH IS COMING OVER FROM TIMBUK BLOODY TOO AND YOU NEED TO COME!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Christ I'm glad I'm a one night stand kinda man

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Family gatherings,

I can't be assed, I honestly thought that when I reached the ripe old age of 36 I could do whatever the hell I wanted, when I wanted to do it, BUT OH NO IT'S UNCLE MALARKY'S 54th BIRTHAY AND COUSIN BUTTMUNCH IS COMING OVER FROM TIMBUK BLOODY TOO AND YOU NEED TO COME!
Bollocks to that mate. If cousin wants to see you that bad HE can come and visit. Life's too short.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wales.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Handbag shops.
I know them all from the mid range ones like Coccinelle, Radley, Boss and Michael Kors all the way through to Dior, Louis Vuitton and Chanel.
How demeaning is knowing all this as a man. What's worse I've paid for some of them.

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
My ex made me go shopping. For her clothes. Etc. Constantly asking my opinion which was never relevant or actually noted. An utter waste of time. Usually ended up in fractious edgy evening and bizarrely she would then insist we did it again.

Never understood. You don't want me there, you don't want my opinion or feedback, you know I hate it but you make me come with you. Almost morphing into her own mother who played the martyrdom role perfectly.

No one ever helps me.

Would you like help?

No I've done it now.

Repeat ad nauseum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here