Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you've had to endure for the other half.....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Big band music

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Robbie Savage's punditry. It may only be a 15 minute break but it felt like an eternity.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Never though I'd get 7 pages with this.

Its turning into a 'what do I hate about the Mrs' thread!

this could be a good one!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why not just buy two tickets and let her go with a friend, you get a night of peace, everyone's a winner?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Love Island and endless Kirsty and Phil on C4 - if I ever saw either of them in real life I would not be responsible for my actions

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Kirsty and Phil on C4 - if I ever saw either of them in real life I would not be responsible for my actions

I remember being forced to watch an episode of that and they were at a property 2 streets away from where I lived at the time. Not content with being forced to watch it, I was then made to walk there afterwards with her to look at the property from the outside.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Genuine question, for all those putting up with shite TV that the OH wants to watch, does she insist you watch with her, or can you not be arsed to just get up and do something else in another room or go to the pub ?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I already knew I was lucky with my missus, but some of these tales are appalling. What Mrs HH and I both enjoy we do together, what we're not both into we do separately. Only very rarely have I had to sit though something I wasn't into for her sake, and on those occasions it was me who bought the tickets for her birthday or something, so I'd made the decision in the first place and she was entirely blameless.

Don't any of these ladies enjoy these gigs/programmes/whatever it is with like-minded mates (or even, as is occasionally so in my other half's case, on her own) rather than insisting on taking somebody who'd rather be anywhere else? I really don't understand that.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Genuine question, for all those putting up with shite TV that the OH wants to watch, does she insist you watch with her, or can you not be arsed to just get up and do something else in another room or go to the pub ?

Don't any of these ladies enjoy these gigs/programmes/whatever it is with like-minded mates (or even, as is occasionally so in my other half's case, on her own) rather than insisting on taking somebody who'd rather be anywhere else? I really don't understand that.

I don't understand these either. There are programmes that Mrs G watches that I can't stand (Kardashians, Big Brother, Britain's Got Talent etc) but I just don't watch them ... just like she won't watch TV when I'm watching sport.

And if she wants to go to something that I don't like, she'll usually go with a friend or her sister ... leaving me free to watch sport on TV, I mean look after the kids

In fact, she's given up more for me. For my birthday she once bought tickets for the James Taylor Quartet and once for the Round the Horne show, neither of which were her thing but she came along with me

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

I think she feels that since she makes sacrifices for her husband that her husband should make sacrifices for her. I think in general my wife enjoys the things she does with me more, I could be wrong, and men in general hate the things they are "obligated" to do with their spouses or that they have to protest to other males because those other males might find their male mates somewhat effeminate if they enjoy those things they do with their wives too much.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
In fact, she's given up more for me. For my birthday she once bought tickets for the James Taylore Quartet and once for the Round the Horne show, neither of which were her thing but she came along with me

That's a blast from the past. I remember watching them in Maidstone I think it was, must have been mid/late 80's in my Mod days.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Hi All,

Another slow news day....

I have had to bite the bullet and booked tickets for the Mrs to go and see Ricky Martin in concert! Yes, Ricky Martin!!

I know I didn't have to do this but she is a big fan and is going to love the show. Me ....not so much.

Sitting here pondering how i'll get through the 2 hours of utter dross, I was wondering, what have others had to endure or sit through to ensure their other half is happy??

Al

i have to take her to see the petshop boys this weekend

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I can set my watch by the erratic emotional torture that occurs once a month. The cold hatred simmers for days. Jesus Christ himself would get his balls broken by that I can tell you.

Also, as mentioned by others, nonsensical reality TV, hateful slags and unutterable posuers all slating each other for hours on end.

One of my biggest pleasures in life is a long bath with a good book. This is a crime equivalent to the darkest doings of the SS in her eyes.

And the constant talking...obviously.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Her incessant talking, on and on and on and on ..........................

Oh I know, its like if they dont exercise their jaws every minute then they will seaze up.

Was in ASDA yesterday, when the shop assistant asked if i would like a bag I said its OK ive got one and handed the washing up liquid to "she who's tongue cant keep still". I got a look like cyclops from the Xmen on the way out as I started laughing, I think all that talking kills their sense of humour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here