Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Things your kids would NEVER understand...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Twiki
Twiki03.jpg

orac
opi1.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
NO-ONE here is likely to have taken the risk of farting during assembly prayers. A little RIPPER as the headmaster reached the end.

Yes, I got detention because the little ******** all looked in my direction. But it was worth it. I still chuckle when I think about it these days.

I should have done it when I was in Junior School, as the headmistress was normally too scared to report my shenanigans home because of my Mum's antipathy towards her and belief she had it in for me. (Which to be fair was 50/50. She'd have been okay if she hadn't called me 'backward')

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Kids today would definitely never understand a program on the BBC radio (light program) called 'Educating Archie' which ran from 1950 to 1960, usually on a Sunday lunchtime. It featured a ventriloquist (Peter Brough) and his doll Archie Andrews, that's right, a ventriloquist act on radio! As I said before, I was born in 1953 and just about remember the program, but it was very popular and featured many top names from comedy and entertainment.
:lolol:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
To consume the food you had ordered from the take away you needed to physically go to the establishment you had ordered the take away from and pick it up in order to be able to take it away and then consume it.
You still do in wadhurst :lolol:

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
My parents threw a party for my brother's 18th at The Stanmer. I was much younger and had quite a few to drink.

At the end of the party they were talking to an organiser saying how much they enjoyed it. I told them I did too and hoped we be back there for my 18th. I remember the look on their face. They'd been serving me that evening...

I wonder if anyone did the day trip to France and knew about the illegal french bangers. Of course, we would try and smuggle them in. I was caught after placing them in my Bramley Pie box. So frustrating.

Aye the little red ones i think there was 10 in a pack. The prized one though was the bigger one about the size of a tube of smarties they done some damage when taped to a window.

Jul 25, 2021
Knock Down Ginger was a great way of escaping life and getting to know your local community in my younger days.

Kids of today don't realise what they're missing out on.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Playing Lollysticks.

Where player one held an ice lolly stick between his fingers and thumbs (hosizontally) and player two held a similar stick in the fashion of a dinner knife (in hand, index finger along the stick).
Player two then swung his stick (and index finger) hard down on the horizontal stick held by player one - and tried to break it.
Thus making your stick "a one-er" in the style of "conker scoring".

Or was it just me and my mates who did this?

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Playing Lollysticks.

Where player one held an ice lolly stick between his fingers and thumbs (hosizontally) and player two held a similar stick in the fashion of a dinner knife (in hand, index finger along the stick).
Player two then swung his stick (and index finger) hard down on the horizontal stick held by player one - and tried to break it.

Talking of lolly sticks - did anyone else use to make flying 'helicopters' out of lolly sticks? Seemed that there were always loads of lolly sticks lying around, so easy to get the materials...

F26Q3IXHZXYLE09.jpg

or sometimes

lolly sticks.jpg

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
We used to play a game called "Splits" on the School playing field, it involved throwing a penknife into the ground, if it stuck in you would move your foot to where it stuck in, the person would then take his turn to throw the knife where his opponent would move his foot and so it would carry on until you could not straddle your legs wide enough and would lose, hence the name splits, if you threw the knife and it didn't stick in, your opponent was allowed to close his legs and take his turn, probably not the best explanation, but funnily enough I haven't played this game in a long time.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
We used to play a game called "Splits" on the School playing field, it involved throwing a penknife into the ground, if it stuck in you would move your foot to where it stuck in, the person would then take his turn to throw the knife where his opponent would move his foot and so it would carry on until you could not straddle your legs wide enough and would lose, hence the name splits, if you threw the knife and it didn't stick in, your opponent was allowed to close his legs and take his turn, probably not the best explanation, but funnily enough I haven't played this game in a long time.

Lol - we used to play similar, but 'opposite' - we threw the knife between the feet, opponent moved foot to where the knife landed. It got interesting when the gap was only a few inches.
Not a good idea to play in your plimsoles...

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Anyone mentioned Knuckles, you and another idiot touch knuckles then try to hit the top of the opposing knuckle before he can remove said knuckles? Then another obv. Chinese burns........

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Playing Lollysticks.

We did it. The trick for the holder of the lolly stick “under attack” was to hold it tightly at both ends with a slight bend upwards in the middle towards the attacking lolly stick. Some opponents would claim this was cheating, as they would of using the index finger as described.

Offer ended in a lolly stick “accidentally” missing the target and hitting a finger or a champion lolly stick being grabbed and broken in two, followed by a fight and threats of “I’ll get my brother” or “my dad’s a policeman”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here