Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that you eat or drink at Christmas... but never at any other time of the year

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sugared Almonds. I had to search for them this year. I finally found some at the garden centre.
Chocolate Brazils.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Mince pies, pate, dates, Vienetta, Indian roast lamb to my late mum's trusted recipe.
Remember sprouts are not just for Christmas, bloody love them and suede.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Shandy - always have one as a sort of palate cleanser late afternoon on Xmas day. Diet Pepsi - if we need a break from the booze for half an hour.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Marzipan. Always get a block of it on Christmas morning. Family tradition, after eating loads as a kid whenever my mum was making our Christmas cake - and eat at last half of it before lunch. Used to be able to inhale the whole lot, in the morning, but age has caught up with me... ��
Spooky... My late mother used to always make a Christmas cake from scratch in October but would be buying the ingredients in September...she would always buy 2- 4 bars of Marzipan as she would always eat most if it before getting to make the cake.

A failsafe present was anything with Marzipan in it and I always think of her at this time of year when I am confronted by Marzipan.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Nothing that I can think of.

And this is the correct answer a winter celebration is something that peoples of this Island celebrated for thousands of years as. A way of using the last remnants of fresh food before the long winter where as today in our globalised world we can obtain any food at anytime

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Cheese footballs
Sprouts (actually love 'em now, hated 'em as a child)
Bread sauce
Cranberry sauce
Stollen
Christmas pudding
Buck's fizz
Turkey

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Mulled cider is the thing I look forward to most.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Malonia

Nov 1, 2009
My Christmas-only cheese Epoisses: incredibly gooey, very pungent (downside is that it absolutely stinks!).
Advocaat - my late Nan used to let me have one of these at Christmas when I was about 12
Port

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I would say probably shortbread... as simple as that sounds...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Sorry to hear that , bloody criminals ,nothing's sacred ,you're quite welcome to pop round and share my sumptuous iceland 3 bird roast , looking at the size of it i would say the 3 birds are quail grouse and wood pidgeon .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Satsumas, Pate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here