Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things that the UK actually does rather well

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Lemonade... none of this 7up or Sprite shite...
I’m going to disagree slightly.
I don’t like the no sugar version and I have to buy a large bottle of the decent stuff, I’m not actually sure where I can buy the sugary type in cans.
The big bottles are pretty cheap though but I prefer cans in the fridge.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
I’m going to disagree slightly.
I don’t like the no sugar version and I have to buy a large bottle of the decent stuff, I’m not actually sure where I can buy the sugary type in cans.
The big bottles are pretty cheap though but I prefer cans in the fridge.
But you cant seem to get lemonade in a pub abroad... well, not that i have come across..

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As an American who’s married to an English woman, I’d say;

Healthcare
Pubs
Breakfast
Supermarkets (love me a £3 meal deal from Tesco)
Chocolate
Pedestrian crossings
Accurate price tags
Making fun of France
And my favorite of all.. Offensive chants about opposing teams 😂😂😂
You actually like a Tesco meal deal 🤔

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Our network of public footpaths and bridleways.
Our variety of weather.
Fulham FC (other football clubs are available).
Decent beer.

These are the things that lured me back from a job in the Caribbean.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's mad people mentioning corruption. The UK is one of the least corrupt countries in the world. Always remember a conversation I had with a Lebanese friend during Covid. I was moaning about Boris and he was laughing at me and said "In my country a warehouse exploded because the government stored enormous amounts of explosives with no safety measures. It permanently disabled thousands of people, who are now homeless and unable to do anything for themselves and the government never paid a penny in compensation, and you lot are all up in arms because your PM had a birthday party- you have no idea how bloody lucky you are".

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
you lot are all up in arms because your PM had a birthday party- you have no idea how bloody lucky you are".
Perhaps this friend of yours should try saying this to the people who couldn't be with their dying loved ones because they were following the rules put in place by our rule breaking, party loving former PM.

What happened in Lebanon and how their Government have acted since is clearly abhorrent but that doesn't diminish the impact of decisions and actions our Government has taken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here