Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things that piss you off on a Bank Holiday afternoon.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No.1
My near neighbour deciding that a sunny Bank Holiday afternoon is a great time to use a chainsaw to cut up logs.
Not sure I’d want to be picking a fight with my chainsaw-wielding neighbour TBH

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Surely Saturday is the least aggravating day?
He has form for being a selfish twat.
One of his favourite tricks is to wait until the wind is blowing away from his house and towards his neighbours ( including mine ), and then light a bonfire.
Ah, bonfires are well out of order and, if you insist on one, it should be in the evening in the Autumn. My dilemma is that one neighbour on one side lies in late weekend mornings and the other side is in the garden in the afternoons , so it never feels like the right time to get the saw out.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Had a nice visit to Chenies Manor this afternoon, lovely place and gardens.
Did the house tour listening to the volunteers giving the history of the place, and in our group there was this fvckin know it all, who kept butting in whilst the volunteers spoke, really annoying.

No it wasn't me.

Jul 7, 2003
Can't believe that there is no County cricket around on an August Bank Holiday - you would think this would be a great opportunity to get people in but I guess they only care about the corporate money now.

Also a shame that Fontwell stopped their bank holiday racing a few years ago to switch to an evening meeting a few days before.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Surely Saturday is the least aggravating day?
He has form for being a selfish twat.
One of his favourite tricks is to wait until the wind is blowing away from his house and towards his neighbours ( including mine ), and then light a bonfire.
Stop moaning on here and go and knife him to death if that’s how you feel 😂🤣

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't believe that there is no County cricket around on an August Bank Holiday - you would think this would be a great opportunity to get people in but I guess they only care about the corporate money now.
It always used to be the Middlesex match ... and we usually got well beaten. They got pretty good crowds too, but those days are long gone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here