Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things that piss you off on a Bank Holiday afternoon.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
No.1
My near neighbour deciding that a sunny Bank Holiday afternoon is a great time to use a chainsaw to cut up logs.
It's seriously frowned upon in France if you even mow your lawn on a Sunday.

They're not too happy about noisy lawn mowers either, if used on Saturday afternoon or the two hour lunch breaks mid-week...!

Having to work

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Going to a neighbours bbq, looking forward to meeting some more of our neighbours, as we’re relatively new to the street, and getting on splendidly with a couple three doors up from us, then they drop the bombshell. “We’re both Palace supporters”

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Going to a neighbours bbq, looking forward to meeting some more of our neighbours, as we’re relatively new to the street, and getting on splendidly with a couple three doors up from us, then they drop the bombshell. “We’re both Palace supporters”
Result, I can't find any Palace round here.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
No.1
My near neighbour deciding that a sunny Bank Holiday afternoon is a great time to use a chainsaw to cut up logs.
To be fair, if he works full time, there’s no ideal time to do that. Saturday, Sunday or Monday BH?

I‘d be interested to know which is the least aggravating day as I have to do mine in a few weeks👍

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Even bigger chavalanche than normal just in time for the street drinkers that use the bench outside The Gem’s card shop as their personal pub to make themselves known. Rubbish everywhere and someone’s fly tipped a load of cheap baby toys. To cap off this inviting look the security guy at Tescies is wearing a black covid mask all over his face and a knee brace. He’s not going to catch any shop lifters but he could probably kill them with a thought.
Sounds like how Portslade usually is to me.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Relaxing day and so Wifey said "Let's book a last minute holiday". Quick scan of the fixtures shows I can fit in 2 weeks from next monday (NOT going to Old Trafford as I hate that dump). Fingers crossed that I get back in time for that fixture on the Thursday 21st.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Relaxing day and so Wifey said "Let's book a last minute holiday". Quick scan of the fixtures shows I can fit in 2 weeks from next monday (NOT going to Old Trafford as I hate that dump). Fingers crossed that I get back in time for that fixture on the Thursday 21st.
Just had the exact same conversation. Mrs Wz now has a couple of days to decide somewhere in the med for a week early September or 2/3 night break in UK care of Travelzoo. I fancy midweek break in UK as I've has very little opportunity to drive the mid life crisis this summer. What's the betting she goes for the Med :rolleyes:

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
To be fair, if he works full time, there’s no ideal time to do that. Saturday, Sunday or Monday BH?

I‘d be interested to know which is the least aggravating day as I have to do mine in a few weeks👍
Surely Saturday is the least aggravating day?
He has form for being a selfish twat.
One of his favourite tricks is to wait until the wind is blowing away from his house and towards his neighbours ( including mine ), and then light a bonfire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here