Things that are not as good as The Good Old Days

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
... and Radio Caroline

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I miss those wonderful Tunis Cakes. There have been attempts by other firms to replicate them but they don't match the original.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Moaning about that good old days is much better than it used to be.
Yes.

The old days were good because you could die by treading on a rusty nail, you could be hanged for stealing an apple, the work houses were full of street kids, people froze to death in winter, there was no attempt to educate or redistribute wealth, you could be press ganged to join a war you had no interest in, you could be put in prison for being a gayer, you could be legally beaten at school, you had no rights as a child, everyone could own a SLAVE, smoking was expected, and you dressed like your dad once you got to 30 years old.

BUT IT DIDN'T DO ME ANY HARM. :thumbsup:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Children giving up a seat on a bus for elders much a thing of the past that I was brought up to do the attitude now is I have paid for a seat for Johnnie let him sit there.

Trouble is a lot of old people are so rude these days I doubt they'd even say thank you if they were offered a seat, Good manners and politeness are 2 things rapidly disappearing from all age groups.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Trouble is a lot of old people are so rude these days I doubt they'd even say thank you if they were offered a seat, Good manners and politeness are 2 things rapidly disappearing from all age groups.

This.

I've been sworn at by an elderly person before when I offered him my seat on a train before. After that experience, I never ever offer anymore.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Doesn't seem to be one vestige of exclusively adult places around. Kids everywhere, pubs, restaurants, Uhm, well that's it really. Far too much is geared towards children these days probably because marketing bods have realised the money parents will spend on them. I think this is partly due to my generation (mid thirties/early forties) who are now all having kids, is the first generation that never grew up. Gaming, blockbuster films, computers, merchandising, modern toys, comic book culture, these are all things that blew up when we were kids and now my generation is living vicariously through our children. It's a half developed theory of mine so don't take it too seriously.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
The mad panic when the ice cream man came up the road, not because he was a BBC presenter but because you were worried he would leave before you'd robbed your mum for a Toni ball that broke your teeth, or a cider lolly.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Crystal Palace :shit:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here