Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that are, frankly, a load of old sh*t

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
And don't get me started on these wanky pull-along cases. How lovely to have to listen to some tosser's SUITCASE FFS roaring along loud as Concorde on cheapo crappy wheels about half a mile away. DESTROY! :guns:

Whilst we're on the subject of wanky loud wheels, how about skateboards? There's nothing quite like hearing the sound of a fully grown man on their TOY skateboard scraping along at midnight when you're trying to get to sleep.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Whilst we're on the subject of wanky loud wheels, how about skateboards? There's nothing quite like hearing the sound of a fully grown man on their TOY skateboard scraping along at midnight when you're trying to get to sleep.

I'll see that and raise you grown men on childrens' bikes :
shawn-mcintosh-pro-bmx-bike-check-02.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Also:

The fact that after leaving The Office as two series of near-perfection and stating that he wouldn't go back to it; Ricky Gervais is now so devoid of ideas and comedic equity that he's remortgaging it to the hilt with his "learn guitar with..." and Foregone Conclusion World Tour GUFF.

LEAVE IT BE.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
iPhones/iPods not playing FLAC files without downloading a paid app and much f@rting about uploading the files. Sh1te.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also:

The fact that after leaving The Office as two series of near-perfection and stating that he wouldn't go back to it; Ricky Gervais is now so devoid of ideas and comedic equity that he's remortgaging it to the hilt with his "learn guitar with..." and Foregone Conclusion World Tour GUFF.

LEAVE IT BE.

It doesn't really affect The Office though does it? He's just having a laugh, together, at men, with women. It's not like he's doing it because his career's on the skids and he's desperate for money?!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
People at the airport check in counter who've overloaded their suitcases and are stuffing their hand baggage full of stuff to bring the weight down. I don't want to see your thongs and lacy knickers you fat tw@t. Weigh your cases at home you frigging morons.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Poland's defence

Danny Welbeck's first touch

Giving away a quarter of your ground to some PLUMBERS.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Citizen Khan-who on earth decided that that load of shite should get a second series? It shouldn't even have got a second show.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It doesn't really affect The Office though does it? He's just having a laugh, together, at men, with women. It's not like he's doing it because his career's on the skids and he's desperate for money?!

I agree in principle that you can try and avoid these things, to attempt to retain your opinion of the original. But you just know that some parts of the forthcoming wall to wall promotion of this will cut through in it's own insidious way - and no matter how much you try to resist - will change things.

In fact, the more I think about it the more Partridgean this is becoming.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Cath Kidston bags everywhere

Automatic train announcements

Liquorice All Sorts

Pickled Beetroot

Nora Roberts novels

Jacob's Creek (except the Rosé Shiraz)

Rosé (except the Jacob's Creek Rosé Shiraz)

Cheap chicken nuggets

Renewing your car insurance

Dogs in handbags

Very long lists

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Paper cuts.
Friction burns
Popped blisters
1 muscle in the back hurting.

All PATHETIC injuries but really are SHIT if you have them. If i'm in constant pain I atleast want some BLOOD to show others how it happened.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Q: What's the worst thing abouit skateboarding

A: Telling your parents you're gay.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
DJ Dave Berry's list of 10 albums every man should own in the Telegraph today. Aside from the Partridge-esque quote about "knowing something about music" followed by getting the Who's drummer wrong and then the lead singer of Portishead that list is, in the main, something Jeremy Clarkson would have put his name to.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
People at work who direct message you to see if you're free to have telephone conversation with them, and when you say 'yes' ask you your phone number. Surely, if you want to talk to me you can be bothered to look up my bl**dy phone number. It's on my bl**dy email signature for a start!!

(Sorry - this has happened a lot today)... grrr.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
People at work who direct message you to see if you're free to have telephone conversation with them, and when you say 'yes' ask you your phone number. Surely, if you want to talk to me you can be bothered to look up my bl**dy phone number. It's on my bl**dy email signature for a start!!

(Sorry - this has happened a lot today)... grrr.

People that email you and 2 minutes later come over to your desk and say "did you get my email?" :facepalm:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
DJ Dave Berry's list of 10 albums every man should own in the Telegraph today. Aside from the Partridge-esque quote about "knowing something about music" followed by getting the Who's drummer wrong and then the lead singer of Portishead that list is, in the main, something Jeremy Clarkson would have put his name to.

SAKE! I'm going to have to look at it now to check...............

Edit - you're right. I love that Pulp Fiction soundtrack but not his description of it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here