cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
PLR

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
People who, when you say that you like a certain band, exclaim with some proud authority that they 'liked their early stuff, before they became commercial'. Load of sh1te.

Hipsters basically. People who REFUSE to let themselves like ANYTHING that is even remotely "mainstream".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is there anyone who actually says that?

I mean, that are an adult?

Yep - had it a few times. Most notably walking out of a pub in WORTHING, WEST SUSSEX.

Chelsea had just gone 2-0 up against Liverpool in about the 85th minute, me and a few BHA-supporting mates were down the pub partly to watch the match and decided to leave at that point. Got some "banter" from some Chelsea "fans" along the lines of "ah, watch the Liverpool go, unlucky mate".

I turned round and said "Don't support Liverpool mate." This BAFFLED the plastic. He then said..."So....who do you support?!" "Brighton". Again the plastic looked confused for a long while (remember this whole scene is set in SUSSEX, which makes it incredibly depressing). He then said, VERBATIM: "No, but....which Premiership team do you support?" At which point me and my friends just starting laughing and continued leaving.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yep - had it a few times. Most notably walking out of a pub in WORTHING, WEST SUSSEX.

Chelsea had just gone 2-0 up against Liverpool in about the 85th minute, me and a few BHA-supporting mates were down the pub partly to watch the match and decided to leave at that point. Got some "banter" from some Chelsea "fans" along the lines of "ah, watch the Liverpool go, unlucky mate".

I turned round and said "Don't support Liverpool mate." This BAFFLED the plastic. He then said..."So....who do you support?!" "Brighton". Again the plastic looked confused for a long while (remember this whole scene is set in SUSSEX, which makes it incredibly depressing). He then said, VERBATIM: "No, but....which Premiership team do you support?" At which point me and my friends just starting laughing and continued leaving.

That IS shit.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Some local moans for those who use BBC Sussex for travel news etc:

Neil f**cking Pringle. An ignorant, arrogant tw*t of the highest order. I yearn to punch his fat ugly face in every morning. punish:

Sarah f*cking Gorrell, if it doesn't relate to mums and kiddiwinks you won't be hearing about it in a hurry (and she's Ginger as well).

I can only imagine some perverse wit at BBC Sussex ran a Reverse Talent Contest to select their Presenters.... :shit:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Some local moans for those who use BBC Sussex for travel news etc:

Neil f**cking Pringle. An ignorant, arrogant tw*t of the highest order. I yearn to punch his fat ugly face in every morning. punish:

Sarah f*cking Gorrell, if it doesn't relate to mums and kiddiwinks you won't be hearing about it in a hurry (and she's Ginger as well).

I can only imagine some perverse wit at BBC Sussex ran a Reverse Talent Contest to select their Presenters.... :shit:

If you hate it so much...why do you listen to it every morning?

Exactly the same conversation was had in my local in Burgess Hill "who do you support" asked the Man U shirt wearing Sussex born and Bred avid fanatical fan, "Brighton" I replied. "No which Premier team do you support" I just shook my head and continued talking to the Liverpool shirt wearing avid fanatical Sussex born and bred Scouser.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Prices in the USA. Here's a novel idea, how about including the tax in the prices you display? You know, the amount that EVERYONE will actually have to pay.

Tipping in the USA. Oh, so you want me to pay you a dollar for pouring me a pint (obviously not a proper pint) do you?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
:lolol:

Clothing companies shouldn't be allowed to make leggings and crop tops above a certain size.

Eeeew! can you imagine what some of these blimps would look like in things that are 4 sizes too small? You know they'd still wear them but there'd simply be loads more hanging out. :sick:

Motion denied.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Smart phones. They've fallen into the hands of the stupid people. They stagger around like drunks, unable to walk and read a screen at the same time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And don't get me started on these wanky pull-along cases. How lovely to have to listen to some tosser's SUITCASE FFS roaring along loud as Concorde on cheapo crappy wheels about half a mile away. DESTROY! :guns:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports