Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that are, frankly, a load of old sh*t

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Booking fees.

You don't walk into a shop and get charged a fee for purchasing an item, you pay the price you see, why should tickets be any different?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Coffee pods.... especially when a supposedly decent restaurant charge you a small fortune for an 'espresso' made from one at the end of your meal.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Coffee pods.... especially when a supposedly decent restaurant charge you a small fortune for an 'espresso' made from one at the end of your meal.

It's even worse when you go into a cafe, ask for a Cappuccino and they put a cup under a machine and press the "Cappuccino" button.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Sorry it's fact.

Newton's 4th law (not as well known as the first three): Turkish Delight is a load of old SHIT.

It's true. Any food pretentious enough to call itself "delight" is always going to be terrible.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Turkish Delight is APPALLING.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
On a sausage related note:

Amex hot dogs

Beef sausages

Anyone who puts ketchup instead of brown sauce on a sausage sandwich

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Booking fees.

You don't walk into a shop and get charged a fee for purchasing an item, you pay the price you see, why should tickets be any different?

Because the vendor does not recieve any profit on the transaction. You could argue that the promoter should price the ticket to include a standard vendor cut but that might mean that less vendors will sell the tickets. I did get caught out on something dispicable buying from seetickets the other day where they automatically opt you in to "cancellation insurance." Now correct me if I'm wrong but if the gig (£7 ticket in this instance) is cancelled then I get refunded don't I, why would I pay £1 on top to guarantee this. The auto opt in is ridiculously cynical as well, you can very easily miss unchecking the box.

However, I really don't understand why the Albion should be charging booking fees on their own tickets that they sell themselves. That one has always got me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I can understand people not liking the generic rose water Turkish delight flavour but there are so many others.

Some of the proper ones I had in Turkey last year with honey and coconut were just amazing.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
CAMPING.

No TV, no beds, terrible showers, walking over dewy fields to the bog, surrounded by people pretending to enjoy themselves.

Abject misery masquerading as a holiday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Click like if you don't want pretty fluffy kittens smashed round the head with a baseball bat"

...and similar such gubbins often posted by your very thickest, saddest and usually life-free Facebook "friends".

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
"Click like if you don't want pretty fluffy kittens smashed round the head with a baseball bat"

...and similar such gubbins often posted by your very thickest, saddest and usually life-free Facebook "friends".

I can take a guess at someone you might be thinking of when you say that :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here