Things that are, frankly, a load of old sh*t

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Modern parents who call their kids "Guys" eg

"Hey Guys, what say we do the washing up huh?"

What? You're their Dad not a Summer Camp motivational pack leader, I think what you meant to say was..

"Get the washing up done. Now please"

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Modern parents who call their kids "Guys" eg

"Hey Guys, what say we do the washing up huh?"

What? You're their Dad not a Summer Camp motivational pack leader, I think what you meant to say was..

"Get the washing up done. Now please"

The Use of the word 'Guys' by anyone at anytime. Most specifically when I use it, the shame and self loathing is never greater.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Folding bikes.

The phrase "let's touch base".

Those new style pedestrian crossings that are now all over Brighton.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Christ. This.

I remember being bored stiff when I was a kid, seen and not heard etc and I vowed when I have kids I will engage with them and stimulate them as much as possible and I intend to but I am constantly amazed at just how much stuff is focussed on kids these days. Every day out is completely child focussed, everything geared for kids. When my brother and his wife bring my nephew up for a few days I am astounded that for 4 solid days nothing is done without the 6 year old's opinion being taken into account. Middle Farm, swimming, pizza hut (yeuurgh), cinema, Drusilla's, etc. Jesus! Do something for yourselves. "Do you want to go Geo-Cacheing Uncle Nibs?" No I ****ing don't.

I look around and I see all these kids being indulged limitlessly. Companies have cottoned on and the "child pound" is a big deal. Shame to see so many parents falling for it hook, line and sinker.

You need BALANCE. Generally this is why at weekends we have one family day where we do this sort of stuff but on the other day they tend to have to fit in with us.

But since we are making a list of things that are a load of old sh*t can I just say Facebook without qualifying it further.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Escape to the Country. In which two people with perfect faces for radio are shown round a dream property that they can't afford by a smug c***. If you're really lucky the couple will also be shown drinking wine and trying their hand at weaving or sheep worrying. All so another set of smug c***ts get to brag that their house was on telly when they're in the village pub drinking orange juice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports